Area Sales Manager
- Highly regarded and successful garden products supplier
- Great products, strong brands and excellent customer service
- Develop sales with independent garden centres while supervising two Merchandisers
A very well-established garden trade supplier that deals with most garden centres throughout the UK. The company offers strong brands and high performing products that make them a first-choice supplier to outdoor buyers – and it works with record sales growth this year. They are known for their packaging and eye-catching displays that positively effect sell-through.
The Role of Sales Representative:
Covering Scotland the job holder will inherit a customer base of 70 established independent garden centres with annual sales value over £500,000. The brief is to grow sales to these and new customers while leading a small merchandising team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Planning and working to an effective journey plan that maximises customer contact time
- Regular meetings with existing and prospect customers to build strong relationships
- Identifying customer opportunities that will be met by your products and securing sales orders
- Planning every sales appointment in order to achieve objectives
- Driving sales growth and strong partnerships
- Providing merchandising support to customers as required
- Working within a team to communicate and share resources
The person for this Sales Representative opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced garden trade Sales Representative with a strong trade reputation and a proven track record of being able to build relationships in this trade. Specific criteria are:
- Proven track record as a Sales Representative within the garden centre trade
- Experience working with indoor / outdoor / gift or pet ranges
- Living in Central Scotland
- A broad range of sales skills including prospecting, account management, negotiation and merchandising
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships
An intelligent, articulate and numerate Sales Representative with great communication skills would be rewarded by a challenging and enjoyable working environment with significant opportunity for further progression.
As well as a salary to £30,000, the job holder will receive a Nissan Qashqai, company credit card, fuel card, ipad, phone, laptop and 25 days holiday.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.