Commercial Manager - Grocery Retail
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work for a multi £billion global food group providing high quality branded and own label chilled and frozen food products to the UK's leading retailers. As one of the leaders in their marketplace they represent innovation, quality, added value and delivery. Due to significant growth and internal promotion we are now looking for an exceptional commercial manager who shares similar values, is excited by the growth potential in this fast-paced market and has a true desire to drive successful customer relationships through the delivery of effective solutions.
- Reporting to the Sales Controller you will take responsibility for driving growth through the management of one of their most exciting and growing food retailers.
- Operating at the forefront of your market you will be responsible for developing effective partnership relationships with your account, involved in all aspects of negotiation with full P&L responsibility.
- Identifying new product opportunities across all categories whilst building brand and market share.
- Working closely with the Customer Marketing team in developing innovative category initiatives, you will be the product champion in your area and will be influential in achieving the YOY growth plan.
- Of graduate calibre you will be a confident individual who wants to take ownership and day to day control of this growing retail account.
- Worked within a food FMCG environment you will have gained a good sales grounding and will have ideally worked within a fast-paced chilled foods environment and have gained experience across Own label and branded product environments.
- Commercially strong you will have a highly engaging personality and demonstrate a high work ethic.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to develop clear customer relationships as well as effectively negotiate within previous roles.
- You will currently be operating as a National Account Manager or as a National Account Executive looking for the next step up, either way you will have gained experience within at least 1 major grocery retail account.
- An excellent understanding of NPD processes and category marketing would be a distinct advantage.