Commercial Director – Robert Welch Designs
Competitive basic salary + Company Car or Car Allowance + Bonus TBC + Additional company benefits
Gloucestershire/Worcestershire – Ideally within a commutable distance
Robert Welch Designs is a market leading, internationally recognised housewares brand with a fantastic reputation in the industry. A family-run organisation that has been in operation for over 60 years. Using in-house design, the business develops award-winning products for the home including cutlery, kitchen knives, utensils and tableware. The brand is highly recognised and renowned for constant innovation, high-quality and continuity.
This has resulted in a number of prestigious business awards, including a queen’s award for business enterprise and international trade in 2016 & 2017.
Robert Welch Designs service high-profile customers across retail, trade & hospitality. Products are also exported to over 50 countries worldwide.
The business prides itself on delivering great customer service and creating long-term trading relationships. The working environment is entrepreneurial, fast-paced and autonomous.
We have recently invested in a new head office located in Evesham along with our existing site in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Director to join the senior management team.
This role is integral to the future growth plans of the business. You will need to plan, develop and implement commercial strategies based on agreed company targets and objectives. You will work pro-actively with both commercial and other departments across the business in order to deliver in your role.
Additional responsibilities are outlined below as a guide:
- Strive to accelerate and encourage company's growth and success
- Perform market research and analyse threats and opportunities
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies to identify new business opportunities and markets to maximise revenue / company profit
- Analysis of the markets to determine which markets to focus on. Keeping well informed about the market and able to accurately forecast sales predictions and shifts in the marketplace both on a national scale and for individual regions
- Building excellent relationships with existing key clients, maintaining close contact
- Seeking out major clients and building relationships with potential key players
- Maintain and adapt strategic plans for all business units to develop a success strategy for the future which shapes and directs the Robert Welch growth objectives and brand development
- Identify opportunities to roll out new products and developing plans to achieve this
- To work closely with the Marketing department to plan and implement key marketing initiatives aimed at building brand and driving sales across all key markets
- Collaborate with, coordinate and train diverse teams including Customer Connectivity, Sales and Customer Services
- Track, measure and analyse commercial metrics using KPIs including tracking expenditures, financial goals and budgets
- Produce accurate records for the Board on a regular basis
- Foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the market
- Be responsible for the company’s pricing structure, regularly benchmark
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and expositions.
In order to considered for this opportunity, we are seeking candidates currently operating at Sales Director, Commercial Director or an aligned senior level working within the consumer goods sector. You will need to have a proven track record of operating at this level. Candidates from within housewares or a related consumer goods category will be viewed favourably but this is not essential. Candidates from other FMCG areas will still be considered. Experience of working with a brand, ideally a premium product would also be highly beneficial. You will need to be customer orientated and understand the values of our brand. Ideally you will have a broad mixture of customer experience across retail, hospitality and export. We are open to candidates who may have sold into any of these customer channels. A large part of this role is driving new customer channels, experience of developing and winning new business is a must. Knowledge of online retailers would also be helpful as our business is evolving. Additional competences are listed below
- Highly numerical; ability to analyse trends, carry out market analysis and metrics and tracking results with well developed business sense
- Hands on experience in creating reporting and managing budgets
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to take difficult decisions
- Self-motivated, pro-active and resourceful
- Methodical / analytical thinker
- Team player
- Flexible and willing approach
- You will be an outstanding communicator and able to work comfortably across all levels of the business
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills with experience of contract negotiation at a senior level
- Fully computer literate; including outlook, word, excel and powerpoint.
You must also be willing to travel including overseas as per the needs of the business. Location wise the role will be predominantly site based across both sites with some flexibility. Ideally you will need to be located within an hour commute of Chipping Campden.
If you are interested and feel you have relevant experience, please apply online attaching a copy of your CV. All applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner Seven Search & Selection.
Please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org