NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - CHOCOLATE
How would you like to join an ambitious team, reinventing premium mainstream chocolate and creating an iconic brand of the future?
We have big plans, and are looking for people who are highly motivated to introduce real chocolate to new customers in multiple sales channels across foodservice and retail.
Willie Harcourt-Cooze is a cacao farmer, and pioneer. He has a cocoa farm in Venezuela and 10 years ago was the first person to start making chocolate ‘bean to bar’ in the UK. We use the finest single estate cacaos to make some of the best chocolate in the world. We are all about flavour, so we use 100% natural ingredients, and make our chocolate in small batches, taking up to 100 times longer than industrial chocolate.
Most unusually we are able to sell this exceptional quality chocolate at affordable prices everywhere from top department stores and hotels, to supermarkets and chains of cafes, because we buy the beans directly from the farmers and make everything ourselves.
Foodservice Business Development Role
- You will be developing new business both directly with the end users in contract catering, cafes, pubs etc and with their distributors.
- Primarily this will be selling our grab and go bars and bulk hot chocolate, to a lesser degree bulk chocolate and gifts
- We are looking for someone who is already very well connected with these customers, with a strong track record of building new business in this channel.
Retail Business Development
- This role covers retail outside the major supermarkets. It encompasses a huge variety of customers both big and small eg forecourts / motorway service / airlines / fine food / farm shop / health / gift stores / book stores / department stores / wine merchants and other non-traditional channels.
- These customers will be buying all our range: eating, impulse, gift, drinking and cooking chocolates
- We are looking for someone who will show initiative to keep a large pipeline of leads full. While there is someone who will help with research, you need to direct what areas to look at, and do much of it yourself.
- You need not be experienced in selling to these customers. More important is that you are passionate about the chocolate and able to inspire other people; also that you are ambitious and self-motivated.
Both these roles could be done from the factory near Tiverton in Devon, or could be home based but you would need to be able to come to the factory once a month.
Who you are
We building a team with a wide range of experience across multiple sales channels. Most importantly we are looking for people who want to really make their mark and who
- Take pleasure in food and flavour so will really love the chocolate and enjoy telling people about it
- Are inspiring and convincing in explaining to people why we are different
- Have a successful track record of finding and selling to new customers
- Able to generate your own leads from either your past contacts or from research
- Self-motivated with drive, passion, high standards and ambition
- Probably have a degree and certainly have strong commercial acumen
Please email email@example.com with your cv, together with covering letter, details of your current / desired salary etc and where you are located.
Due to the number of applications, if we have not contacted you within 2 weeks you can assume that you have not been successful this time.