Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Grocery Multiples
- UK Based Business Development Manager role managing Top 4 Grocery Accounts
- Family owned multi-national with recognised brands and considerable growth
About Our Client
Melitta are an award winning manufacturer, with a UK leading brand in Bacofoil® they cover a wide range of products in food preparation, storage and waste management. The company has a strong tradition of producing high-quality products that aim to solve your everyday problems around the home.
Melitta GmbH Group are a family-owned company with a rich tradition, they take a long-term approach in everything they think & do. Sustainability, reliability and appreciation are values which they adhere to. They are focused on success, set the highest-possible standards for their products, and are driven by a passionate commitment to excellence.
- Implement short and long term sales plans for the UK Grocery Multiple business.
- Protect business within all current customers by providing first class customer service.
- Build strong working relationships with the Category Managers and Senior Buyers in the respective customers.
- Negotiate agreements for supply with customers ensuring appropriate commerciality for Melitta UK.
- Seek out and develop new business opportunities (region / customer / category)
- Identify valuable emerging markets / channels.
- Accurately forecast annual sales plus 2 re-forecasts.
- Form sales strategies that keep Melitta UK competitive and innovative.
- Ensure profit optimised Price and Trade Term Management in line with European guidelines.
- Provide annual bottom up sales budget by customer by line.
- Service Level to Customers and Sales Forecast Accuracy.
- Review sales activities of competitors and report effectiveness.
- Research the market and ensure that all-key account opportunities are identified and responded to as appropriate.
- Work with the accounts departments to ensure that customer debt is controlled within company parameters set.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports versus budget within company set reporting deadlines.
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions.
- Carry out any reasonable task requested by management.
- Regular trips to the UK Head Office in Telford.
The Successful Applicant
- A successful track record in selling to and managing large customers within the Grocery sector.
- Excellent selling, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven capability to build good and long lasting relationships with a wide range of customers.
- Be commercially astute.
- Have excellent networking skills.
- Creative, lateral thinker who shows a good level of personal initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
- Able to change direction to meet role demands.
- Flexible approach. Able to manage several projects at any one time.
- Responsive. Is able to react quickly to customer and company needs.
- Entrepreneurial - seeks out new business opportunities to support new product concepts developed by group.
- This role is home based with expectations to be in the HQ in Telford at least 2 x per week.
What's on Offer
Competitive Basic Salary
Performance Related Bonus
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGC14030064Z