Business Manager (Germany Speaking) - International
Primarily focused on the German market, but with the scope to extend to International markets where appropriate.
Our client is an award winning manufacture of household products.
- Develop and manage relationships with designated customers in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- Ensure that there is a co-ordinated approach to the multifunctional contact between our client and the customer.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed understanding of our clients products, processes and manufacturing capabilities so that these can be matched to customer requirements in the most effective manner.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the customer's business, the competitive market place, category performance and consumer insight, in order that they can secure its position as a "trusted category advisor".
- Identify and exploit new product development opportunities.
- Draw up product specifications.
- Prepare costings.
- Ensure adherence to the laid-down NPD process.
- Organise and manage multifunctional project meetings.
- Ensure the preparation and management a detailed critical path process.
- Effectively manage the customer's product range ensuring:
- All new product introductions are delivered on time.
- Poor performing products are discontinued with no residual costs.
- All opportunities for value engineering and profit enhancement are fully exploited.
- Run-out/run-in processes are properly executed for all product and range changes.
- Prepare an annual customer account plan in order to meet the budgeted requirements.
- Produce a monthly forecast for all customers ensuring that it effectively communicates all known customer activities.
- Ensure that all relevant individuals within the organisation are regularly updated on the status of business for the designated customers, both informally through meetings and ad hoc communication and; through a formal monthly report.
**** Must be fluent in German****
An understanding of the customer relationship management process and the skills and techniques required to develop relationships
Strong financial literacy and the ability to work with a product costing process
Working knowledge of the manufacturing process
Ability to understand customer and market data in order to improve business performance and enhance forecast accuracy
Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in German grocery trade
Experience of working in the development of retailer's own-brand
Ideally a graduate in business related area
Experience of working in an international business environment would be an advantage
Able to lead projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and in full
Able to persuade and influence individuals inside and outside the organisation
A confident decision maker, who is also cognisant of the boundaries of their decision making authority
Able to make a strong contribution to a sales team, exploiting opportunities to share "best-practice" approaches