Wholesale Account Executive
Job Title: Wholesale Account Executive
Location: Mayfair, London
About the Company:
Our client is a premium exotic food and beverage company, offering a range of exclusive ingredients. They are continuing to develop and market unique and innovative products for unique and distinguished recipes.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Wholesale Account Executive will work closely with the VP of Wholesale to maximise sales through proactive communication with our client’s partners and external contacts, building and maintaining long-term relationships. Tasks may involve project management, strategic planning, sales support, service application, logistics, and marketing. The role is ideal for someone with scope for progression and development.
- Operate as the point of contact for clients, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with accounts through proactive communication.
- Generate sales among client accounts, including upselling and cross-selling, achieving sales targets and KPI’s as set by the VP Wholesale.
- Delivering a balanced range across all accounts, working with the client’s budget, phasing and product mix to develop a global, balanced, innovative and commercial product range that considers price points, quality and standards
- Conduct business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services, monitoring company performance against service level agreements and flagging potential issues.
- Work closely with clients to understand market requirements and local competition activity and impact, visiting clients when appropriate.
- Translate client requirements to internal teams (buying, supply chain, finance and marketing), acting as the key interface between the company and client.
- Make sure clients receive requested products and services in a timely fashion, liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively, escalating and resolving areas of concern.
- Forecast and track client account metrics.
- Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients and collaborate with Head of Sales to reach prospective clients, following up on progress.
- Service multiple clients concurrently, meeting tight deadlines.
- Keep and update records of client transactions on CRM systems, ensuring internal stakeholders are aware of any changes within clients.
- Co-ordinate clients’ compliance requests, creating and maintaining a database of legislative compliance across all countries.
- Understand the luxury food and drinks market, emerging trends and customer profiles with the ability to analyse opportunities and risks to deliver a profitable range.
- Account Executive with at least 2-3 years’ experience and an established track record of driving business forward.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive sales.
- Self-motivated and highly organised with great time management.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CRM and BMS software such as NetSuite is an advantage.
- Have experience of working as part of a fast-paced team as well as an ability to work independently.
- Passionate about food and drink, previous experience working for a luxury retail brand is advantageous.