- Represent a high-quality pet trade supplier with a strong brand identity.
- Inherit a well-established area of independent pet shops.
- Enjoy an open ended commission scheme that fully rewards achievement.
A young and innovative firm with a portfolio of high-quality products and strong brand identity. The sales team is supported by a creative trade marketing programme and sales have been growing fast. The brand is now available in over 40 countries and has wide distribution in the UK.
The pet trade sales role:
As a Sales Representative you will inherit an area of the East of England. There are approximately 100 established accounts in an area that stretches from Sheffield to Luton across to the East Coast. Your challenge is to continue to increase ranges and volumes through existing accounts while prospecting for new, suitable customers.
The skills you will need to bring to the role are:
- Build trusting relationships with pet shop owners using a consultative sales approach and the provision of first class customer service.
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand to retailers and the positive impact this will have on their customers.
- Educate retailers in the quality of the range and help them switch the buying habits of suitable customers.
- Create eye catching product displays using point-of-sale and promotional material.
- Use case studies and ‘centres of excellence’ to support your sales proposals.
The person for this pet trade sales role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Sales Representative with experience of selling to the independent pet trade.
In addition, we hope to find the additional qualities:
- A home location in the East of England (Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire).
- An energetic, positive, fun and sociable character with a passion for pets.
- A proven track record of ability to build new sales within established retail accounts.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and rewarding commission scheme plus hybrid car, phone and expenses.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.