Retail Field Sales Executive
Interested in working for a World Class Sales and Marketing Company representing some of the biggest brands?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Field Sales Executive to join our business.
Job Title: Retail Field Sales Executive
Location: Reading, Slough, Basingstoke and surrounding Areas. The role will require some travel but minimal nights away from home.
Salary: Circa £22,000 + benefits including Company Car + Performance related bonus (up to 10% of salary)
Employed by ShopSmart, you will be joining our high-performing team with responsibility for building and developing retail relationships, accelerating brand performance and driving sales to enhance turnover and increase market share.
The role will be working with our client General Mills; one of the world’s leading food companies. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Jus-Rol, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
This is a fantastic role for someone that is looking to develop their skills within a growing, dynamic and forward thinking business that firmly believes in investing in talent, offering leading opportunities for personal development and career progression. You will be working for ShopSmart but will have regular direct contact with General Mills.
Experience is great, but a positive attitude, adaptability, a drive to perform at your best, be the best and to learn and grow is much more important to us.
This role covers a territory that includes: Watford, Swindon, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and other inclusive areas. It’s a high profile area for us and we’re looking for someone excited to take on a challenge and represent a great brand.
Why Join Us?
Ownership & Responsibility
- You will have full responsibility for your territory performance & growth
- You will be empowered to make decisions that will drive performance in your territory
- You will play a key role in a very successful and progressive team, working together to achieve more for our client
- Your knowledge, views and recommendations will help shape the future of our service
Learning & Development
- You will be given extensive and on-going training to maximise every opportunity to reach your greatest potential
- You will have 24/7 access to an extensive suite of learning & development materials
- You will gain a deep understanding of a wide range of field sales retail and FMCG processes that will enable your future career aspirations - this territory includes the General Mills head office so there is a lot of opportunity for direct interaction and future progression, potentially within the clients business.
- You will have access to the latest insight, data and reports to effectively and efficiently direct your actions in store and create credible retailer relationships
- You will have access to progressive technology that will enable you to perform your role in an efficient, professional and creative manner.
- You will be part of a global organisation with over 15 years’ experience
- You will be part of a fun, people-centric, performance focussed team
- We are passionate about what we do – we work hard and we celebrate success together – this isn’t just a job it’s a career!
Increasing retail sales value and representing both Shopsmart and General Mills in store by:
- Driving in store promotional compliance
- Negotiation and maintenance of additional orders and displays
- Ensuring all new product development is actioned at store level to the correct timescales
- Driving availability using instore systems to challenge any issues
- Identifying opportunities to further increase product availability and retail sales
- Ensuring that Shopsmart and General Mills are showcased to their full potential when your stores are being visited by high level stakeholders
Excellent training, and superb benefits including a Company Car, mobile phone, fuel card and contributory pension scheme. Standard working hours Monday to Friday.