Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Location: North West
Sector / Industry: Engineering/Manufacturing
Job Reference: VAC-24462
Are you looking to join a global manufacturer? Our client have an impressive range of innovative products and are a recognised leading brand within their sector. The current Supply Chain Division is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Planner to support Management and contribute to ongoing continuous improvement of the operations and supply chain function.
- As the Supply Chain Planner you will provide support to the Purchasing Manager and offer guidance to the procurement team
- Ensure accurate scheduling of raw materials, packaging and stocked spare parts to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Assess volume requirements against planning forecasts or assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Take timely actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place, ensure that data is accurate and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor and manage inventory accuracy e.g. SAP stock level amendments and PI entries
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimise obsolete stock and maintain optimum working capital levels
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization as required
- Support the sourcing of material requirements including appraisal of existing and candidate supplier capabilities.
Supply Chain Planner required Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a busy FMCG/manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to unforeseen issues
- Previous experience in a Supply Chain Planning / Materials Controlling role
- Proven background implementing business process improvements
- A confident communicator who has interpersonal and influential skills to work with a team environment
- Must be highly competent in MRP systems
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels and present to business leadership
- Able to cope with high degrees of autonomy and responsibility
- Good level of MS Office – Excel (e.g. pivots, look ups), Outlook, Word
- Full UK driver’s license
To apply for the Supply Chain Planner role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam.Miller@advocate-group.co.uk or submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.