My client are an amazing Public sector organisation looking for a Communications Officer to join their Commercial team in Middlesbrough. The ideal candidate will come from a communications and journalism background with experience in external communications, marketing, press relations and media.
The client are a North East organisation within the Public Sector.
The Communications Officer will be responsible and accountable for supporting the company's communications activity to promote brand awareness, reputation, marketing activties and engagement by effectively utilising the internal and external channels.
The successful Communications Officer will have the following demonstrable skills and experiences:
- From a journalism background, experience as a journalist or degree educated in a relevant field
- Excellent writer, able to create engaging content across on and offline channels
- Experience working with press, external stakeholders and the public
- Experience of creating engaging and exciting stories to drive press and brand awareness
- Must be able to drive and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with media enquiries, arrange interviews and facilitate media visits and events
- Highly organised, able to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Strong timekeeping skills, able to work to tight deadlines
- Personable, a team player - able to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to commute daily to the Middlesbrough head office
The opportunity to join an excellent organisation on a competitive salary.