Our client is an innovative FMCG business with a European operation spanning multiple product categories. With a passion for innovation and delighting consumers our client has brought some amazing NPD to market in recent years, further cementing their cult status amongst consumers! The use of insight has been a key category growth driver and the category management team are highly skilled and strategic partners to key grocery customers. As there have been a number of promotions in the team, an opportunity has arisen for a talented Category Manager to manage the Asda, Aldi and Morrison's accounts.
Reporting into the Head of Category you will work as part of a cross functional team alongside sales, brand and shopper marketing to develop and deliver the annual category strategy and plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a category advisor, developing and delivering annual category strategy and plans to identify significant category opportunities for each retailer.
- Provide regular data updates to drive the category forward.
- Present compelling category selling stories and effectively handle objections to shape retailer's category thinking so that they act upon and implement category recommendations
- To work with the relevant NAMs to support key account strategic objectives, including the elevation of the perceptions of the brand with key trade decision makers.
- Interpret and utilise category data to grow sales.
- Responsible for using insight to develop, test and roll out category and shopper marketing strategies that drive main fixture forward across Grocery customers
- Understands the key trends and dynamics shaping Grocery, Fresh and Chilled and the implications that has for the category and brand competitors
- Responsible for generating insights on evolution in structure of grocery market & in particular continuing to investigate how the business can develop in the online world.
- Lead and facilitate cross functional category projects (internally and externally) managing multiple stakeholders
- Responsible for reviewing the results of commercial initiatives to determine their effectiveness Vs consumer/shopper objectives.
- Supporting in the oversight of the relationships with IRI, Kantar, Dunnhumby, HIM and other Shopper Research agencies as relevant.
The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre and will possess a minimum of 3 years experience in a category management role, gained in an FMCG business. Experience of working with a major grocery retailer is preferred but candidates with experience gained in other channels are also of interest. You will demonstrate a good understanding of Category Management principles and the triple win approach. The ability to develop and execute category strategies, tactics and plans in partnership with grocery retailers is essential (Range, Promotion, Merchandising, Price). It would be beneficial to have experience of the ranging and space planning process in addition to knowledge and experience data. A full UK/EU driving license is essential as you will travel regularly to customers.