This is a pivotal role reporting to the Managing Director and the board.
Given the success of the business to date and its scale of enterprise this commercial opportunity can only be described as ‘fantastic potential’ for the right person. The business is gently ambitious and ready for the next stage of growth that it deserves from its current annual trading position. The entire organisation will benefit from the experience and classically structured, yet entrepreneurially minded, background of a Commercial Director. This person will enable and lead the team to the next level, by their charismatic people management. A strong performance will lead to a board position and being groomed to take over as Managing Director.
We like to keep things simple – so we want an activity driven, authentic individuals with real drive and ambition looking to prove themselves in a growing business.
There are a number of areas where the Commercial Director will add value and support the aims of the MD/CEO:
- Senior commercial figurehead who understands the ambitions for growth and has the customer, consumer and shopper universe close to their heart
- A commercially minded leader who has an instinctive appreciation for consumer relevance and positioning
- Someone with the experience to calibrate the existing commercial team in preparation for a planned growth phase
- An insight to the international arena be that Europe, USA or Australia
- An ability to work closely with finance and operations to develop a long-term strategy that maintains the company’s profitability
The ideal candidate will be an effective and competent senior commercial professional from an FMCG food background who must have broad channel strategy experience. This will have provided you with classical commercial training and an understanding of the core needs of driving a business strategy. An ability to negotiate at a senior level with range of customers backed up with a grasp of category management is essential.
The background of individual best suited to the role of Commercial Director is as follows:
- Ideally a graduate with a consistent stretch in FMCG food & drinks
- A recognised track record of commercial performance within National Accounts
- Strong and instinctive leadership skills that will bring collaboration and drive for results
- Knowledge of how to use brand strength in the customer negotiation
- Deep rooted understanding of the total customer universe – Grocery, Convenience, HORECA
- Has worked in blue-chip companies as well as experience within an SME environment
- Minimum experience as a National Account Controller or MS&P Controller
- Has an instinctive sense of ownership for the business and its values towards its people and brands
Most importantly, you must possess an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude that can drive business forward backed up with a passion for the best quality food. As a close knit team we need someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and has a can-do attitude.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV quoting reference 9938/8gj.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in Word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.