Commercial Director Poultry
Excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest developing fresh poultry suppliers in the UK. With a new senior management team and a significant capital expenditure programme they are entering an exciting growth phase.
Our client is actively disrupting the marketplace: they have impressive growth plans to double the business over the next 3 years.
They operate in both the retail own label market as well as market leading brands.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a fantastic opportunity to take a step into total commercial responsible for the grocery retailer sector, export as well as numerous food manufacturing and wholesale customers
You will manage a tight commercial department and work closely with the agriculture, production and technical teams.
You will be given the freedom and autonomy to get on with things, whilst at the same time being given all the support you need to excel in your role. As well as the expected financial KPIs you will be responsible for
- Developing the sales team
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- Developing lasting relationships with the customer base
- Expanding into new markets
- Identifying and pursuing business opportunities in target areas
You may be operating in a functional leadership role already or be a senior commercial manager with experience in a number of retail and industrial customer. We are interested in hearing from both.
As a prerequisite however you must have a background in high volume, short life fresh foods. (Such as MFP or produce) and have the drive and ambition to make a positive difference to this business. You will be excited by working in a small entrepreneurial business and thrive on personally driving the aggressive expansion plans over the next 2 - 5 years.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- A self starter, hugely enthusiastic and high achieving, with a proven record of taking responsibility and making a difference.
- Have direct experience of working with key customers in a complex fresh food environment, ideally poultry or meat.
- Analytical, with a good attention to detail, being able to review data comprehensively and provide solutions.
- Structured and organised, being able to convey information and positively influence internal and external stakeholders in a rapidly developing business. where processes are constantly evolving.
- Able to demonstrate sophisticated knowledge of grocery route to market.
- Commercially aware and a strong communicator, being able to converse with and influence individuals of all levels both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Highly entrepreneurial
- Adaptable and able to simultaneously manage numerous complex and multifaceted tasks.
Above all you will be positive, ambitious and want a role that enables you really make a difference.
If you think you have the character and personality for this role, please apply with CV and covering letter.
You must be eligible to work in the UK, and whilst occasional home working is fine you need to live within regular commutable distance to the sites in East Anglia or Yorkshire.