Head of Sales - Wholesale
NOT YOUR USUAL HEAD OF SALES ROLE
This company is awesome! Trust me when I say you won’t be disappointed. You won’t be disappointed if you’re after high growth, investment and a Brand which will allow you to define your career and give you the opportunity to have a hell of a time doing it!
Don’t apply if your cruising through life, not willing to push the boundaries, developing strong customer relationships to deliver growth for all parties involved. This is a brand which requires you to think differently. They’re not average, they’re not looking for average, they’re looking for high performers, those who have an edge, those who want more out of life, to step away from the mundane and work within a culture which is high performing, non-hierarchical and team orientated. This is a team who have each other’s back, who don’t take themselves too seriously but who all crack on when they need to get their heads down.
FMCG, London HQ, offering a home based contract for any Senior National Account Managers / National Account Controllers who are searching for an inspiring opportunity. This is a globally recognised brand who still have so much more to achieve. They’re bold, market leading, innovative and have so much more to them that many aren’t aware of. 2019/ 2020 is going to see a serious step change and they’re looking for commercially astute, creative thinking FMCG sales professionals to be a part of it.
So what’s this role all about?
- Head of Channel (Wholesale/ Convenience) for a significant part of the business – This is no second fiddle role, this is strategic, high visibility and a high output role.
- Team leadership, setting strategy across your channel taking into account wider business metrics.
- Overall P&L management and delivery, implementing agreed activity and developing relationships, strategic partnerships and better ways of working across the entire estate through the support of your team.
- Lead and develop a team who will follow in your footsteps to drive growth.
- Ensure robust and challenging KPIs are effectively implemented to create the mind-set and behaviours of growth and self-development across the team.
- Work alongside the Sales Director to help deliver strategic plans identifying key growth opportunities and develop a plan to win.
- Creativity, engagement and driving of numbers through your team.
Everything you’d expect really.
Next question, what does a successful Head of Channel look like for these guys?
- Firstly, you’ll be pleased to hear this is not a box ticking exercise on skills and experience, they’re more concerned about you, your commercial acumen, creativity, leadership and strategic ability.
- You have to have strategic senior national account management/ controller experience within FMCG as a minimum (Grocery or Wholesale), understanding the wholesale sector and the trading mentality that comes with it along with the relationship led approach will be highly advantageous.
- To succeed in this role you have to be a people person, you win through developing relationships and can navigate your way through complexity.
- You also have to be able to demonstrate you can think differently – how do you engage with customers outside of the norm, are you trying to move forward doing things that your competitors aren’t?
- You’ll show initiative and demonstrate growth – you’re hungry for more demonstrating ambition to deliver above and beyond what’s expected. You want that next Sales Director appointment! If you’re happy to settle with the status quo, this won’t be for you.
- You’ll be results focused, people driven and great at relationships acting with integrity honesty and transparency at all times.
- Team leadership experience with proven success of developing people and delivering through a team.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, you will be excellent with numbers and highly capable in analysis, top to bottom P&L management and setting budget.
- Proven in delivering strong sales figures, capable of developing relationships to create long lasting partnerships.
- Understanding of the wider supply chain including demand planning, marketing and category management.
- People orientated, you’re a natural influencer and networker who creates compelling presentations able to communicate at all levels of business.
- You’re driven, conscientious, detailed in your approach and above all else, a team player.
- Ambitious to continue to grow your career, you will want to take on a Sales Director role in the next few years!
You can be yourself here and operate within a big brand who have the agility and desire which you don’t see in many businesses of this nature. Interested?
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.