Head of Category
Our client is #1 in their respective category with a portfolio of brands that are found around the globe! With Innovation at the heart of our client’s organisation they are constantly finding new ways of driving sales within the channels they operate in across Retail, Convenience, Leisure and other channels. With exciting times ahead, this could be the perfect time to join this extremely fast paced organisation that will genuinely develop your career for the better!
With a track record of growth for many years, could this be the time to join an established business and be a part of their future success story?
What the job entails.
As the successful Head of Category you will have responsibility for setting the Category strategy in line with customer needs, and for implementing the buying strategy for the business. You will have a large team of direct reports across Category Management, Commercial and Customer Marketing so experience of managing a team is needed. A main part of your role will be sourcing and analysing market, trend and sales data to identify flexible category solutions and determine appropriate categories to drive sales growth. As the Head of Category you will be expected to work with external suppliers to identify up and coming trends, assess market competition and determine category prioritisation.
This is a very autonomous role which provides the opportunity to develop your career across various brands.
The ‘ideal’ fit:
- Have extensive Category Management / Buying experience in the Food and Drinks sector
- Commercially and logically minded with solid business insight – ability to convert commercial propositions into sales
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach
- Exceptional influencing skills, you must be a do-er, problem solver and trouble shooter
- Comfortable with dealing with ambiguity – open minded and flexible style when setting and implement strategies
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
If you believe in your ability and wish to develop your career please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chloe Easton for more information on 07891 248 124