Business Development Manager, Prestige Asian Dining, Central London
KBE Drinks were established in the UK 30 years ago focussing on the European development of India’s No1 beer brand Kingfisher. In the last 2 years our brand portfolio has enjoyed a period of rapid expansion and now represents brands from all over the world the majority of which are part or fully owned by leading global brewers
Our business is transforming and growing rapidly as it invests in Kingfisher and looks to grow it’s expanding range of products. In order to facilitate continued growth in the restaurant sector, we are looking for a driven Business Development Manager to develop & manage a selection of premium focused high quality Indian restaurants and groups, as well as a selection of Asian restaurant chains from China, Thailand, Japan.
This role is central London with the responsibility to implementation of the on-trade vision and strategy.This is a new high profile position reporting to the Head of Sales – Asian Dining & Wholesale
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive commercial success, customer relationships, marketing partnerships and strategic development throughout central London. This is a rare opportunity that truly offers breadth, empowerment and personal development.
- Manage a range of customers from Multi-site restaurant groups, Michelin star dining, casual dining, leading independents & ad-hoc sales opportunities. (approx. 250 accounts in total)
- Negotiate effectively with customers to ensure optimum profile and return (new listings, customer activation, promotional support).
- Report into and liaise on a regular basis with the Head of Sales – Asian Dining & Wholesale
- KPIs focused on distribution, volume and brand building opportunities,
- Vibrant, flexible and proactive work environment
- True ability to manage and develop relationships with High-End accounts
- Brand priority of Kingfisher whilst leveraging wider portfolio of Peacock Cider, Bombay Bicycle IPA and Lion Lager.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work 2-3 evenings per week
What are we looking for and essential criteria:
- Background exposure to working with premium drinks and selling premium brands within London On Trade – 3 years minimum experience
- Demonstrable evidence of good gravitas, passion, drive, creativity and commercial organisation skills.
- Understand the importance of working and influencing 3rdparty wholesalers
- Strong negotiation, organisation and influencing skills to drive commercial success.
- Track record of developing brands in partnership with customers for mutual gain
- IT literate – Microsoft / CRM systems
- Passionate about food and the restaurant sector
- Amazing track record and extensive contact book
- A clear ability to work strategically with company directors and at the hands on ground level.
Candidates must live in London with ease of access to tube (living within zones 1-3) and eligible to work in the UK
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Pension contribution
- Tube Pass (Zone 1-6)
- Living allowance
- Mobile and Laptop
No agencies please.