Commercialisation Project Assistant
Position: Commercialisation Project Assistant
Based: Littleborough, UK
Contract: 12 months internship
Are you a fan of lists, organising things and getting tasks done? Do love working with other people and have an interest in project management? Would you like to experience working in a fast-paced, international environment? If so, you might be just the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
We have an opportunity for Commercialisation Project Assistant to join our busy Flavour Solutions Commercialisation team. The team is responsible for leading the internal effort to win and flawlessly deliver commercialisation projects for business-to-business customers. These include launches of both new products and revised products.
By providing support to our Commercialisation Project Manager, you would learn how to manage cross-functional projects effectively and lead some of your own. You would interact with many different internal functions and gain a good understanding of what each area does within the product launch process.
• Provide administrative support to the Littleborough Commercialisation Project Manager as they drive Flavour Solutions commercialisation projects forward through the internal cross-functions (e.g. Product/Packaging Development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Technical, Finance)
• Administrative support will include maintenance of project data, noting agreements and actions from meetings and following up on actions
• Once trained, independently lead small, cross-functional commercialisation projects
• Keep the Commercialisation Project Manager and other stakeholders informed of progress and aware of any major issues.
• Learn to co-ordinate the artwork approval process
• Identify, design and implement process improvement solutions
• Undergraduate student / recent graduate
• Great organisational skills
• An excellent “people-person” who can build strong working relationships quickly
• Strong team player with can-do attitude
• Able to progress a wide range of projects in a structured way, without losing attention to detail
• Can work independently, completing tasks on time and in line with priorities
• Able to communicate clearly in writing, face to face and via Skype
• A problem solver, who can identify, manage and implement small process improvements.
• Proficient user of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 70918).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.