Senior National Account Manager/ Sales Manager
CSG are currently partnered with an establish business who have dominated the plush category for over 10 years across the EMEA market. They have some fantastic licences within their portfolio which allows for great market penetration and allows them to stand out from their competition.
Due to growth within the business, they are now looking for a Senior National Account Manager/ Sales Manager to join their team.
As the Senior National Account Manager/ Sales Manager you will report directly to the Managing Director of the business where you will assist him with the strategic direction of the business across the UK.
The role will involve the management of two Sales Representative's, with the view to recruiting additional salespeople into the team. You will also be responsible for managing some of the larger accounts that the business has by growing them organically as well as continually looking for new ways to develop and generate business.
This is a home-based opportunity however will require you to stay away overnight on a weekly basis to manage the team and your accounts effectively and there will be a requirement to be in the office when requested. This is a very hand on role where you will need to be used to working in a fast-paced environment and flexible with your time.
- Accountability for delivering targets on profit and turnover.
- Responsibility for managing the accounts daily, with support and involvement from other departments as necessary.
- Management of the Sales Representatives across the various territories.
- High levels of commercial awareness and an eagle eye to spot & exploit commercial opportunities
- Develop and agree Joint Business Plans with customers, drive activity and monitor performance on an on-going basis.
- Forecast business in line with other divisional requirements.
- Responsible for regular contact with the customers to maximise the effectiveness of account penetration to maintain and develop customer relationships.
- Promote the company image, products and strategies in a positive manner.
- Negotiate with all existing and prospective customers to ensure revenues give the best possible return for the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude to assist in producing world class product ranges and contribute to the strategic direction and development of the business. The right candidate will have a 'hunters' attitude to new business and be able to see where the next opportunity is going to arise from. You need to be comfortable and confident at negotiating with people at a senior level.
The right candidate will ideally have 5 years or more sales experience from a Consumer background, preferably from within the toys or gift sector and you will have experience of managing people remotely. The right candidate must be able to work in an autonomous role with the ability to develop solutions.
The essential skills for this position include:
- People Management and leadership
- Negotiation skills
- Results orientated
- Strong communication
- Presentation skills
- Relationship management
- Innovative / creative