National Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading coffee and vending supplier, and they are seeking a National Business Development Manager to focus on sector opportunities and new business development.
Working from home, you could be located anywhere in the Southern half of England - ideally with good access to key motorways. Locations such as Reading would be especially good for this role.
The is an exciting and pivotal role within a business that is rapidly growing. A candidate from the coffee and vending industry would be well-poised to make an impact in this position; however equally experienced candidates from connected FMCG / F&B industries will also be considered.
The National Business Development Manager will be working on high level, strategic new business and tender opportunities for the company. You will be reporting into the Head of Sales, and will be responsible for defining and shaping the sales pipeline across the whole of the UK.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and agree a strategic ‘long list’ of prospects in the relevant target sector.
- Refine the ‘long list’ into a pipeline and ensure pipeline is always up to date with most accurate understanding captured in CRM
- Self-generate a minimum of 2 new business meeting per a week.
- Mobilise and initially manage any new business gains prior to their transfer to the National Account Managers
- Undertake specialist sales and trade development activity and projects as agreed
- Attend trade shows, association meetings and networking events as deemed worthwhile.
- Work with customers to understand strategy, performance, key contacts, contract status, incumbent insight and future potential. Equally, work with customers so that they understand the business to a high degree, encompassing products, sector proposition, people, service, pricing, strategy, CSR agenda and future plans
- To master the content of customer tenders and be able to work at the heart of a cross functional team to bid to an industry beating standard of quality.
- To be able to drive and participate in customer tender processes at any point, including presentations and Q&A meetings.
- Gain and maintain a high level of product, sector and customer knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 successful years account management experience within comparable service industry
- Track record of new national / key account business management and growth in a Business to Business environment
- The drive, determination and commitment to get things done. Confident, with a high level of self-motivation, possessing the ability to work to own initiative and possessing a hands-on attitude
In return the business will offer an excellent basic salary of between £40-45k, with realistic OTE of £70k+. They will also offer a company car, pension, and all the equipment you will need to be successful in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in the coffee and vending industry. If you are an experienced National Business Development Manager in this industry, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.