International Brand Manager
International Brand Manager – Grocery portfolio
Based in St Albans
With a wide portfolio of brands and a presence in more than 95% of British Households Premier Foods is one of the top food players in the UK. So, when you think about us you can probably think about your Oxo infused Sunday roast, your Sharwood’s midweek curry or the scrumptious Mr. Kipling or Cadbury cake you’re enjoying by the fire- with your tea on a rainy afternoon.
We’re now on a mission to bring our brands to international markets. This story is one of high growth, some challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with the creation a small export team of less than 5 people. Fast forward 5 years and our international unit has now grown to a truly global organization of 55+ people and presence across 30+ countries building brands across the world for millions of international consumers. You can think about our international unit as a big startup (high growth & fast-moving environment, high level of ownership and fast decision making) with the capabilities of a larger organisation.
Our goal is to find skilled entrepreneurial people who share our passion for growth and have demonstrated their ambition through interesting and demanding professional roles and education. Our strength lies in the diversity of our team members’ previous experiences. For this role, we are open to candidates from a number of marketing backgrounds (Brand or Shopper) and from exciting small business and startups to highly professional blue chip FMCG organisations.
Key roles and responsibilities…..
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of leading various projects from new product launches to market activation along with the associated budget responsibilities. This will be split across two major areas:(1) Full responsibility of the Grocery activation planning and execution including the development of toolkits for our distributors’ markets. (2) Full responsibility of our QMS (Quick Meal Solutions) category strategy including our innovation pipeline.
The successful candidate will work across our Branded Grocery portfolio which spans the following 3 categories: Sauces, Quick Meal Solutions (QMS) and Flavours & Seasonings (F&S).
Strategy and Innovation:
- Leading our QMS annual brands plans and assisting in the development of the overall grocery strategy.
- Playing a major role in developing the roadmap of our complete grocery brands portfolio.
- Leading all QMS Innovation developments & launches under the Sharwoods and Batchelors brands from evaluation to post launch measurement.
Unlocking international markets potential
- Drive QMS growth in key markets with current range and introduction of UK led innovation
- Develop compelling customer presentations alongside our category team to grow opportunities in core markets.
- Tactical support in other markets where sales already exist or where new large opportunities develop.
Activation planning & execution
- Lead Activation planning for the entire grocery portfolio including direct management of in market agencies.
- Deliver BTL in market activity in core markets of Australia, USA and Canada with support of local sales and activation teams where relevant.
- Help create an efficiency for rolling out in market activity and NPD to existing markets for all brands (e.g. global toolkits development).
Analytics and Reporting:
- Ongoing analysis of internal data to a) comprehend Brand/Market performance, b) share with wider BU Teams and c) manage & adjust tactics to drive sales and share positively
- Development of regular insights to allow forward-focus
- Marketing budget to be reviewed against performance criteria monthly, with SBM Grocery & Marketing Director
- P&L review on monthly basis for your brands
Experience and qualifications needed……
- University degree (BA/BSc) likely to be in Business, Economics, Marketing etc.
- c4 years post-degree relevant FMCG industry experience
- Possibly an existing BM ready for an international challenge, a highly promising ABM looking for a step-up or a Shopper Marketing Manager ready to expand their marketing skills.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of Brands or projects. Strong business development focus, possibly a marketeer with a strong commercial background.
- Strong desire to make a business impact (consumer centric but commercially driven), a self-starter with real ownership mentality.
- Experience in launching or managing Brands into a variety of markets while not mandatory would be considered as an advantage.