Are you an experienced Demand Forecaster / Demand Planner or someone with Planning experience within a Supply Chain setting?
If so we would love to hear from you!
You will be working at one of our sites on the Chichester Food Park in beautiful West Sussex. Our offices are modern and open plan so there's great team camaraderie.
We are one of the largest employers in the area, employing more than 1,200 talented individuals and we are growing!
So, it's an exciting time to join us, make your mark and be a proud part of our onward journey.
A day in the life of a Demand Forecaster:
We make delicious salad meals, fruit pots, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls across our 4 manufacturing sites. Our products are stocked by leading Retail supermarkets & popular restaurant chains, consumed by millions of customers in the UK. So, you may well have eaten something made by us!
Your responsibility will be ensuring accurate short and long term sales forecasts are in place and maintained, to deliver excellent customer service and strive for effective long term capacity planning.
The weather will play a big part in your forecasting role, e.g. when the sun is out, demand for our products goes up!
You will be talking to our customers on the phone everyday, ensuring we deliver the best possible service. You will be talking to them about forecasting for core and promotional products and reviewing what is happening in their stores.
You will also discuss customer rates of sale and distribution and any mismatch between supply and merchandising, data analysis and looking at trends.
Key tasks include:
- Accuracy - achieving targeted levels of short term and long term forecast accuracy across the accounts you're responsible for.
- Availability - responsible for in store availability measures.
- Trends - understand and plot trends to ensure robust forecasts
- Forecast - maintain all relevant forecasting systems for volume and value
- Customer - work closely with account managers/controllers to gain deep understanding of customer plans
- Relationships - develop strong customer relationships with appropriate contacts in supply chain to ensure collaborative forecasts and contingency planning
- EPOS - analysis and manage all EPOS data, create reports to be shared with wider business and own ROS assumptions into development process.
- Waste - develop and maintain pro-active waste plans with customers.
- Shortages & rejections - own all communication re: shortages & rejections, and impact of forecast / orders ongoing.
- Ownership of product set up on AX. (Administration)
- Ownership of DSX set-up - ensuring accuracy of both volumes & values (our bespoke software)
You will go on customer visits once per month on average.
Role type: Permanent.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Previous planning experience within a Supply chain is essential (Demand Forecaster, Demand Planner, Master Scheduler, Production Scheduler, Planner etc) and you should have naturally good attention to detail to analyse data and be a confident communicator.
You will need to have an intermediate level of Excel.
Your journey with us…
This is a great opportunity to continue your Demand Forecasting career with endless career possibilities ahead depending on which direction you wish to follow.
We have an in-house L&D team who facilitate learning from soft skills to bespoke training for your area of expertise.
Your career aspirations will be supported and as we grow, the opportunities will only continue!
- A competitive salary.
- Company performance bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 1 day company paid volunteering day
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Business casual dress down policy.
- Free parking available across all sites.
We are Lovers of the Leaf, Kings of Coleslaw, Fanatic about our Fruit and proud of our Stunning Salad Meals!
As a private label food manufacturer, our products are sold in Retailers (including - Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi) and Foodservice businesses (including McDonald's, Pret and Itsu).
Our manufacturing sites are centres of excellence and have grown significantly since 1994. Natures Way Foods has a core foundation in the Chichester area, employing over 1,200 talented individuals that all have a part to play in our success story.
We are also a social bunch and get involved in a regular charitable and community projects such as Field to Fork and raising money for our chosen charity of the year.
If you want to grow your career with a supportive manager, talented colleagues and a company that champions equal opportunities - Lettuce know!
Key Words: Demand Forecasting Planner, Demand Planner, Demand Forecaster, Planning, Supplychain, Supply Chain, Material Planner, Material Planning, Demand Planning, Factory Planner, Inventory Planner, Production Planner, Production scheduler, Order Processing, Production Planning, MRP, Master Scheduler, Order Processor, Production Planning, Distribution, Manufacturing, Supermarkets, Retailers, Food Industry, Fresh Produce, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, #Chichester, #NWF