- Lead a field and office-based sales team for this global manufacturer.
- Work with a highly skilled international management team.
- A specialist business with a strong trade brand.
- An opportunity to make significant impact in existing and new channels.
A US based manufacturing and marketing business that supplies customers in 110 countries. They have a clear vision to be the supplier of choice in their category and all products, promotions and customer services have this aim in mind. An internal promotion has created this opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to inherit and lead a well-established UK sales team. The UK subsidiary based in Tewkesbury is profitable, successful and stable yet ambitious with specific short-term business goals.
The role of the Sales Manager:
You will inherit a field sales team (of 4) and retain personal sales responsibility for key customers. In addition this role has strategic and commercial responsibility around new business acquisitions, promotions, pricing, target setting, forecasting and sales incentives.
A key objective is the improvement of in-store merchandising and the new Sales Manager will use their previous experience to drive improvements in this area.
You will report to the UK Managing Director and be office or field based as the role requires.
The person for this Sales Manager’s role:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager who will excel in this environment. The right profile will be:
- Ideally based in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire or West Midlands.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sales Manager. This could be in a retail or dealer based environment as well as in a traditional field sales manager situation.
- High level of emotional intelligence – able to read people and situations and take appropriate actions.
- Experience dealing with independent retailers, garden centres, hardware stores or merchants is preferred.
- Solid experience of in-store merchandising and able to drive positive change in this area.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Numerate and IT literate.
This role offers a negotiable basic salary and a performance-based bonus plus choice of car and generous pension and healthcare schemes. You would be joining an exciting, diverse and profitable business that has a track record of stability and loyalty among its team.
Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / West Midlands
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.