Field Sales - Retail Sales Manager
Retail Sales Managers lead the promotion and distribution of Core’s simcards, international calling services and mobile products focused predominantly into independent retail accounts (typically newsagents, mobile phone shops, convenience stores).
This is a field based role and each Retail Sales Manager is responsible for up to 500 accounts. The primary objective is to maximize the revenue and contribution from these stores. In order to achieve this, the Retail Sales Manager must ensure that all resources at their disposal are deployed as efficiently as possible – simcards, marketing collateral, customer face-time, staff visits, etc. In addition, the Retail Sales Manager is expected to trial new products (e.g. calling cards) and identify further revenue earning opportunities for both them and for Core as a company.
- Manage all accounts (retail stores) to ensure Core delivers top quality service which maximises revenue and contribution opportunities for the business;
- Opening up new accounts and developing new areas to further develop Core’s distribution business;
- Understand activation rates on an account-by-account basis to ensure the correct type and numbers of products are distributed – this requires in-depth analysis of activation data and discussion of strategy with the Area Sales Managers on a regular basis;
- Assisting in calculations and distribution of monthly commission per account. Ensuring the accuracy of data and netting of any disconnections received;
- Maintenance of good business relationships with all accounts, ensuring they always have the correct amount and type of stock. Analysis of outstanding stock levels per account to ensure stock is replenished in timely fashion;
- Provide regular reports of stock and activation levels by account ensuring critical sales trends are captured and key actions are taken to maximise on opportunities available along with limiting any exposure to Core;
- Provide regular reports on competitors’ activities/strategy along with customer feedback to management for input into marketing and distribution strategies.
- Assist in recruiting and training of new Retail Sales Managers, including ongoing mentoring to the newly-recruited personnel.
- Marketing and promoting Core’s international calling services within targeted communities – responsible for supporting ad hoc marketing activities – e.g. at specific events or stores;
- Undertake market research projects to enable Core to maintain its understanding of customer requirements. This will involve planning and executing focus group sessions. This information is used as a critical input into Core’s marketing and distribution strategies;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills preferably gained in a B2B field sales environment
- Capable of conveying the responsible and professional image required of Core’s Retail Sales Managers
- Good numeracy and analytical ability
- Proven education ideally to at least degree level
- Entrepreneurial mindset & decision making skills
- The ability to motivate, organise high levels of workload effectively
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Good level of presentation and reporting skills
- Good written/spoken English. Ability to speak either Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, or Bengali will be advantageous.
- Prior experience in an ethnic sales environment advantageous
- Prior experience of providing training / coaching junior members of staff advantageous.
- Understanding of basic marketing/business fundamentals – either from academic study or from prior experience
- Prior experience or knowledge of UK telecom providers or distributors highly desirable
OTE £28,800 to £30,800 + travel expenses + 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) per annum