National Account Executive
This role is responsible for working with major Multiple Retailers and Convenience Retailers to maximise sales and profit through sales levers at your disposal and creating impactful working relationships.
- Work with the Senior National Account Manager to achieve and, where possible, exceed sales value and profit budget requirements.
- Support the Senior National Account Manager to deliver strong account plans within your accounts, making recommendations for adjustments to close gaps and maximize opportunities.
- Ability to make, track and update forecasts and ensure wider team is kept up to date to allow for smooth running of production and supply as well as financial planning.
- Report and communicate all competitor activity and industry trends in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Work with customers to instigate brand and account plans, and adapt where required to maximise volume and profitability. This will include having to balance a number of top selling brands.
- To manage account administration eg cost and sell prices.
- To manage and keep updated a distribution matrix of current and planned listings and distribution.
- To manage matters which arise in supply chain whether day to day or developmental.
- Manage price and promotion administration to achieve annual sales and profitability targets for all agreed product areas
- Build effective internal and external relationships. Forge a broad network of contacts to deliver a category partner approach. In particular work closely with the internal support functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance)
- Wine industry experience not necessary but an interest in wine is beneficial
- Experience of working in a branded environment
- Previous Key Account Manager or Field Sales experience essential
- Previous experience in grocery is desirable
- Proven ability to work to targets and deliver on targets
- Experience planning promotional activity
- Experience in the forecasting process
- Able to demonstrate highly effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence decision makers
- Able to follow internal processes and procedures, working in a logical and structured manner
- Able to plan and organise their own time, with ongoing support and guidance from their line manager and colleagues