Ecommerce Trading Manager
My client are looking for a ecommerce Trading Manager to join their commercial team in County Durham. The ideal candidate will have experience in a ecommerce or marketing Management level position within an ecommerce / FMCG environment. You will be highly creative; able to bring new, fresh ideas but also highly analytical and commercially minded.
The client are a business services organisation, based in County Durham.
The Ecommerce Trading Manager are responsible for the following:
- Report and monitor sales, key metrics and promotions in weekly trade meetings.
- Work closely with the ecommerce manager and team on the long-term trading strategy.
- Providing both long- and short-term sales forecasts for all ecommerce channels that are driven by budgeted acquisition and strategies.
- Manage the planning and reporting of all key promotional activity, and work alongside the ecommerce team in the delivery and execution.
- Manage all promotional activity including but not limited to deal week, Black Friday and peak trading.
- Actively provide the Warehouse team with order and unit forecasts to ensure the correct allocation of resource during promotional periods.
- Work with the Merchandising team to drive stock efficiency across all channels by monitoring the ecommerce stock holding and availability.
- Together with the Buying and Merchandising teams create online opportunities and tailor packages to the different sites drawing upon trading and sales analysis.
- Analyse trading patterns and understand the sales curve, reporting findings and identifying opportunities to further maximise online sales and profitability.
- Work with the Ecommerce Manager to ensure that the product/range/trading strategies are supported by the digital strategy for all trafficked channels - including SEO, PPC, Affiliates, re-targeting and social advertising.
- Work with the Content team to optimise the website customer experience/ journey, feeding into decisions on content and layout across the site (e.g. homepage, navigation, PDP)
- Work closely with the Ecommerce Production team to ensure all product launch dates are achieved.
- Collaborate with CRM specialist, feeding into the CRM strategy, email planning, segmentation and personalisation from a stock and product perspective.
- Brief on-site merchandising recommendations to the Production team, driving cross-/up-sell to increase UPO and AOV, and review analysis of impact.
The successful Ecommerce Trading Manager will have the following demonstrable skills and experiences:
- Experience of a similar role ecommerce or marketing management role
- Being from a FMCG or ecommerce background would be advantageous
- Analytical and numerical with strong reporting skills
- Communication & influencing acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised to ensure the smooth running of all daily operations.
- Highly commercial commercially
- Drive, enthusiasm and passion for the brand
- Able to bring new ideas to the table and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Able to commute daily to County Durham
An excellent new role as a Ecommerce Trading Manager, salary up to £37k DOE