Technical Compliance Officer
To actively manage and maintain the site’s internal auditing system ensuring the site meets all legislative and customer requirements
- To carry out internal audits to ensure compliance to both legal and customer standards.
- To summarise findings of the audits, identifying areas of non-conformance and conformance with relevant internal and external rules and regulations.
- To coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day to day issues.
- Key Contact for Non-Conformance close outs and Quality Management System improvements including the facilitation of meetings to achieve this.
- Work with department managers to ensure they have a full and complete understanding and acceptance of areas of audit non-conformance.
- Trend non-conformances to identify reoccurring issues and recommend permanent solutions.
- To routinely challenge the site’s traceability and be part of the Incident team to handle Product recalls withdrawals.
- Manage the site’s Document control system, drive reviews and co-ordinate changes to documents as required.
- Validation of procedures prior to inclusion within the Quality Management System.
- Assist with the Implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Support the Technical function where required
- Knowledge of BRC, retailer standards and legislative requirements with regard to Food Safety/Quality.
- Knowledge of Retailer On-line portals.
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 2 HACCP
- Internal auditing qualification, ideally lead auditor trained
- Auditing experience in the food manufacturing industry in a technical role
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with good project management and organisation skills
- Support a culture of continuous improvement initiatives within the business