Are you interested in the psychology of the consumer? Passionate about drawing insight from data to understand consumer and shopper behaviour as well as why products are selling?
Whether you’re a recent graduate looking for your first position or someone who is already in a category insights / category analyst role looking for an opportunity in a more entrepreneurial food manufacturer, this could be for you! This role will also be suited to someone working agency side who is looking for an FMCG business which will allow you to be more proactive with your findings.
This FMCG business, based in London are developing their category management capability and building out the team. Having seen a great deal of investment over the past few years, they’re now in a position to enhance their category management ability and as such, they’re now looking to make a new addition to the team in a Category Development Executive.
The office space is awesome, very sociable and large enough to allow for career development and wider learnings yet small enough so that you don’t get swallowed up in a big blue-chip! You can actually make a difference here and you’re actively encouraged to do so.
The role of the Category Development executive
- Working with the wider sales and marketing team to analyse and manipulate data sources to draw compelling insight. Utilising Kantar and IRI data you will:
- Understand who the shopper is
- Is NPD fit for purpose
- Are we developing the right innovation – you will help shape the innovation pipeline
- Work with the Top 6 Retailers to demonstrate your findings and make recommendations, building trusted relationships.
- Attend external retailer meetings presenting to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the core retailer’s range and merchandising strategies and clearly articulate the key implications, opportunities and challenges.
Successful candidates will hold:
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude to distil multiple data sources into digestible insights
- A naturally curious mind and will be inquisitive in nature
- The ability to draw insight from data sets and make recommendations/ observations
- A proactive nature, self-starter attitude and happy to work under your own steam
- Experience of Grocery Retail, Kantar, IRI, or insights experience will be highly advantageous
If this sounds like an opportunity and company which you’d like to learn more about, please don’t hesitate in getting in applying!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.