Head of Logistics - FTC
Head of Logistics - FTC
Fixed Term Contract
Supply Chain / FMCG
Job Reference: SM-24977
Are you looking to progress your career within International Logistics?
The Advocate Group is representing an established FMCG business, who are a market leading brand within the Health Care and Beauty sector. The business are growing throughout North America, EMEA, APAC and are now looking to add an experienced Logistics Manager to assist with driving the overall business efficiency and customer service.
As Logistics Manager you will report into the Head of Supply Chain managing all aspects of global product delivery, imports, 3PL distribution and contract management.
- Management of the Logistics Team (Import Coordinators and overseas Logistics teams).
- Setting the global logistics strategy, policy and processes with a focus on improving overall operational efficiencies.
- Manage imports, third party warehousing, distribution and exports to ensure execution of best class customer service levels, optimal quality and OTIF delivery.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Achieve all agreed targets for People (safety, absence, engagement, succession planning), Customer Service (OTIF, serviceability) and Costs (Imports, Transport, Warehouse and Exports).
- Responsible for the shipment and issuing of all dispatch and export reviews, management of transport carriers’ contracts and pricing, as well as the company carriage quotations and expenditure.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities
- Look to improve inventory accuracy and manage stock movements effectively
- Resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
- Identify cost savings and remove unnecessary steps in the logistics process
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in a supply chain related discipline as an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management and experience in the FMCG Industry.
- Experience in end-to-end supply chain and understanding of Demand/Supply Planning functions.
- Strong experience in ERP systems and customer data analysis.
- Commercial understanding of the consumer market and an ability to liaise effectively with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills & keen eye for detail – numerate.
- Line management experience is critical for this role, with demonstrated ability to mentor and support the development of less experienced members of a team.
- Proven experience of driving systemised improvements to logistics processes.
- Demonstrable change management experience within the Supply Chain function.
- Highly competent Microsoft Office skills.
- Full UK driver’s license
To apply for the Logistics & 3PL Manager role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Miller, or alternatively submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.