Purchasing Operations Director
This company is a leading procurement consultancy based in Milton Keynes who has helped some of the UK's biggest and most prestigious brands in the Food industry to optimise and improve their procurement performance.
Their business has grown considerably, doubling in size over the past 5 years and they have ambitious plans to continue this high level of growth over the next 5 years. Therefore as part of their plans to enhance their structure, they are looking to appoint a highly experienced procurement leader who can lead and develop our Purchasing Operations team and as a member of the board be a driving force in helping to deliver our future success.
What will the role require you to do?
- Lead and develop the purchasing team delivering excellence through all operational activity;
- Take ownership of all operational activity on client projects, ensuring the scope, deliverables, project plan and risks are managed to ensure timely delivery of work;
- Work with the client stakeholders (board level) to ensure agreed business (procurement) requirements and objectives are met;
- Be an active member of the board and management team, contributing to the strategic development of the business and participating in day to day decisions on all operations;
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing team on new business development opportunities.
What skills and experience are required?
- Strong commercial acumen with proven experience of delivering significant savings and value to the top and bottom lines of the P&L
- Led complex procurement projects from end to end, including RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation, supplier negotiation & supplier relationship management (SRM), and executive stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills gained from an advisory position (internally or externally)
- The gravitas and credibility to implement ideas and ensure delivery
- Proven ability to influence at a senior level - C-level
- Recent/current experience as a senior purchasing / business manager and being part of a management / executive team
- A number of years procurement, sourcing and category management experience in the food industry with an outstanding track record of progression
- Demonstrates a good understanding of complex supply chain models within the foodservice industry
- Successfully led, coached and managed a Purchasing team/department
- Excellent level of IT competence including Microsoft Windows software such as Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of numeracy and an analytical approach
- Experienced in presenting internally and externally
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A great sense of humour and team spirit
- Ideally MCIPS qualified.
The role offers an attractive package, which importantly includes a share incentive scheme that would provide a level of ownership in the business that would increase in value in line with our growth plans.
- Salary range is £65k to £75k
- Share Incentive scheme
- BUPA cover
- Free onsite car parking
This opportunity will be ideal for someone who is looking for greater control and influence of decisions within the business and has the focus and drive to help shape and deliver our future growth plans.
This vacancy is being advertised by flatraterecruiting.co.uk, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. At flatraterecruiting.co.uk we work differently to most recruiters, every time you apply to one of our vacancies, your CV goes through to the hiring manager to review. The hiring manager will then make the decision on your application and contact you directly.
By applying you are giving your consent for us to process your application and pass on your details to our client for review for this vacancy only.