National Account Controller
National Account Controller - Convenience / Impulse / Foodservice
Great products, exclusive brands, a highly capable team and in the last 5 years this business has seen a number of changes, like us all! Unlike many other businesses they are more versatile, focused and ambitious. They understand the needs of their consumers and retailers and manage all aspects of the supply chain to provide profitable solutions.
You will have total business and financial insight of a P&L and be offered the ability to make fast decisions with all your inputs to the UK business.
Due to growth, with two direct reports, which reflects the increase in strategic focus on branded sales across premium food categories The role offers a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to develop and own a commercial supply chain strategy to drive profitable growth in 2020 and beyond.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will:
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy that will deliver both profit and growth.
- Manage a small team and also be strategically responsible for the Convenience & Impulse / Wholesale & Foodservice channel
- Work within a high calibre senior team and be able to offer your team your knowledge and expertise to raise the bar and implement best practice.
- Have good commercial acumen and strategic thinking, be results driven, analytical & creative.
- Be a team player, motivator & leader.
Your key performance indicators will include developing relationships cross functionally, driving sales and managing the trade promotional spend. In addition you will develop retailer category plans ensuring they integrate with company and sector strategy.
Ideal candidates will have strong branded experience from an FMCG company and must have convenience / impulse / wholesale / foodservice contact RTM knowledge that has provided them with classical sales training and an understanding of the core needs of supply chain and NPD management. An ability to manage complex negotiations backed up with a grasp of category management is essential. Current experience within the multiple grocers is essential.
You will currently be a Controller or SNAM looking for a bigger career opportunity, within an FMCG business.
Interested candidates should send an up to date CV, including your current salary details quoting reference MVG/NJS