Team Leader - Day Shift
What we do
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader to work in our Production Room based in our manufacturing site in Redmoor, Milton Keynes.
This role would also suit a recent graduate who is looking to jump-start their career in the Manufacturing Industry!
What you’ll do
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained within the area
- Ensure all accidents are reported to the Production manager
- Ensure that the area uses good health and safety principles, investigate problems, agree actions and implement them
- Manage and control your Production KPI’s effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that all quality issues are reported to the right person, and GMP and house keeping standards maintained
- Ensure that absence management is carried out in a timely manner including first stage disciplinary action
- Ensure Production issues are reported to the Departmental Manager / Senior Team leader
- Support NPD trial processes and site visits
- To escalate both food and health and safety issues to the appropriate levels
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Engineering team to ensure appropriate response and on-going maintenance
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week, working on a '5 over 7 days' shift pattern, from 06:00 to 14:00.
What you’ll need
- Experience of working within the Chilled Food Manufacturing environment - ideal but not essential
- Work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient work style within a fast paced pressurised environment - ideal but not essential
- Competent in English Language with an ability to demonstrate both verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach
- Flexible attitude to work and ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Demonstrate a progressive attitude towards developing knowledge and skills
What you’ll get
- Salary, up to £27,000 per annum
- 23 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Apply Now – it will take you 5 minutes – we will call you to come in and meet the team
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.