Process Development Technologist
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its five manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Technologist to be based in our manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As a Process Development Technologist you will work with a dynamic team on innovation projects, translating concepts into repeatable quality products, including assisting with production trials, ingredient reviews and generation of factory paperwork. Projects will be directed by the Process Manager and prioritised across customer teams as appropriate.
• Key driver of delivering innovation projects through the Product Change Process
• Arrange and administer all forums relating to Product Change Process at the factory
• Take action or escalate non-standard product builds / mixes or preparations
• Ensure all elements of launch are completed and deal with exceptions as required
• Arrange and support trials, Pre Pros and launches as required
• Liaise with customers where appropriate
• Influence key internal customers as required
• Flag issues as necessary and provide solutions within remit
• Attend all relevant forums to represent team and input to direction
• Review all KPIs on specified frequency and take appropriate action
• Ensure all system amendments are made prior to launch
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm - however on occasions you may need to travel to other sites, support nightshift trials and visit suppliers as per business needs.
The ideal candidate
• Experience within a food manufacturing environment essential
• Able to effectively plan & evaluate product trials and launches
• Attention to detail – documenting data from trials, test product & samples
• Testing factory equipment and carrying out pre-production preparation
• Excellent communication skills
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £30,000 per annum
- 33 Days days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.