Assistant Depot Manager
The Assistant Depot Manager has a pivotal role within the business.The role falls between the Hire Controller and Depot Manager, picking up on certain specific tasks and standing in for the Manager when unavailable.
Their role will include:
- Ensuring that all roles have clear objectives and that all job holders understand what is expected of them.
- Supporting the Depot Manager in the management of the teams.
- Implementing systems that improve communication, create efficient processes and allow easy reporting.
- Dealing with customers face to face, building relationships, resolving issues and ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained.
- Resolving all issues of customer complaints or internal disciplinary matters.
- Identify and recommend any actions that will increase top line sales or reduce bottom line costs.
About the Company:
- Bath based plant hire company.
- A reputable business known for the quality of their machinery.
- A successful, privately owned company with a long established name in the industry.
- Employs 20 people, operating a paperless office.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- An experienced and skilled people manager. Ideally from the tool hire trade but will consider other commercial backgrounds (i.e. a business that has customers and relies on sales and has operational costs rather than a bureaucratic environment).
- An Assistant who can bring new skills to the business. Someone who has helped manage larger teams in a more structured environment and can bring skills and processes that will evolve the role.
- Organised and structured.
- They need to be customer facing and good at selling the service that you offer, at the right level of margin, and building relationships with key customers that ensure repeat business.
- They will need a hands-on attitude as time spent on the hire desk, in the warehouse, in the workshop and with the drivers will give better knowledge of the business and bond them with the team.
- The roles requires long hours and a great deal of commitment, the job holder needs to be prepared for this and live in a location that offers a sensible commute.
- A salary of £26,000.
- Free parking on site.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.