Area Sales Manager
- Join the UK sales team for this respected US based garden machinery manufacturer.
- A highly regarded global brand with unique selling points.
- An exciting and broad role involving dealer management, end-user sales and demonstrations.
A US based, family run company that is recognised as a specialist manufacturer of ‘ride-on’ grass cutting machines with a series of unique features and benefits. Customers include stately homes, sports grounds, zoos, public parks, caravan parks and private homes – all supplied through an ever-expanding network of servicing dealers. This role has been created as part of a growth plan to drive UK sales towards their full potential.
The Role of Area Sales Manager:
Working from home you will be tasked with covering the West Midlands, Warwickshire, Northants, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
This is a fascinating and broad role:
- Inspire your network of servicing dealers and support their sales activity with product information, training and demonstration models.
- Actively target commercial end users to generate interest in your range (stately homes, national trust properties, zoos, public parks, sports grounds, caravan parks).
- Follow a classical sales process to identify decision makers, arrange a meeting, fact find, demonstrate, propose and close. Your goal is to maintain a full diary of dealer meetings and an on-going pipeline of end-user demonstrations.
- Attend national and regional country shows and trade shows in order to build brand awareness and generate leads.
- You will be provided with full product knowledge. Towing a trailer is sometimes required and this is also supported by comprehensive training.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with a successful track record in capital equipment sales such as garden machinery, commercial vehicles, forklift trucks, cars, machinery, office equipment or construction equipment.
Living in the Midlands / M62 corridor we seek someone with the skills and tenacity to maintain a pipeline of qualified prospects while managing a customer base of dealers.
The key criteria are:
- At least 5 years field sales experience dealing with end users or re-sellers.
- A naturally energetic and pioneering individual who runs their area as their own business.
- An outdoor character who will enjoy working in this environment.
- Interested in technical products.
- Motivated by a reward package that will fully reward your achievement.
The successful candidate will enjoy a basic salary of £30,000 plus 1% commission on all sales (guaranteed at £400 per month for the first year), a fully expensed Ford Ranger, laptop, mobile, iPad, credit card, printer and full office expenses.
Midlands – home based
Please apply now for further details or send your CV to email@example.com
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.