Buyer - Food Manufacturing Business
Buyer - Food Manufacturing Business - Midlands
Competitive salary + bonus
A market leading FMCG food manufacturer is recruiting for a Buyer to join their procurement team.
This is a well- established business keen to secure an ambitious, proactive Buyer to assume responsibility for the smaller categories initially and who will grow with the business. You will be a confident Buyer, ideally with some experience in packaging, raw materials, consumables and in directs within a manufacturing environment.
Experience of negotiating, rapport building and managing difficult accounts will be advantageous for this position. This role will work within a small team and carry a broad level of autonomy and is an excellent development role.
Buyer responsibilities include:
- Directly and indirectly responsible for sourcing negotiating and placing of contracts for Raw Materials and Packaging
- Providing the business with up to date market and product information to enable informed business decisions to be formulated
- Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships with key strategic /critical suppliers to improve supplier performance
- Liaise with Technical Department over supplier assurance protocols
- Reduce stock write offs to agreed minimum yearly level in liaison with planning department
You will be a Buyer with at least 3 years experience in role, ideally within an FMCG manufacturing environment, food manufacturing will be advantageous.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted due to high volumes.