Dr. Oetker is a family owned business that has been creating high quality foods for over 100 years. We truly believe that “Quality is the Best Recipe” and this ethos has been running through our business since we were founded in 1893 and is a testament to our longevity and success. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 11,500 colleagues in over 40 countries.
Rest assured the Pizza & Cake Categories are where it's happening
- Double Digit Growth in many accounts
- High/Dynamic SKU Count
- The need for Sophisticated Merchandising/Range Management
- Great mix of Shoppers
Making it a great time to join us on our growth journey.
Reporting to the Head of Category you will become an acknowledged expert in Category Development and in doing so build strong relationships through sharing credible information and guidance. Key Tenets of the role are as follows:
The Delivery of the Category Strategy
- Identify category opportunities using consumer and shopper insight and formulate category plans in co-operation with brand team, UK insight manager and sales team.
- Interrogation of 3rd party data sources, IRI, Kantar, as appropriate to distil key development areas
- Manage the merchandising database and produce plans in conjunction with the category executive.
- Contribute to the Annual planning process– market potential; brand plans; account plans
Category Captaincy within designated retail accounts
- Establish regular and positive category relationship with specified customers, maintaining our reputation as the experts across the Category, encouraging the development of joint category initiatives and planning.
- Demonstrate best practice merchandising initiatives and category segmentation based on translating consumer insight and understanding shopper decision making process with specified customers.
- Undertake specific range review/ merchandising projects to maximise space and visibility to drive category performance and Dr. Oetker Brand performance in specified retailer.
- Share leanings/ best practise with Junior members of the team and support with development of category and data base systems knowledge.
The successful candidate will ideally have Category/Sales/Marketing experience within an FMCG environment and is ideally already working closely with several of the leading retailers. Experience of IRI/Kantar and Space Management systems are preferable. Being highly analytical well organised with strong presentation skills you will have a passion for converting data into actionable insight and grasp the opportunity to get in front of your accounts at every opportunity.
Please Note: We have chosen to worth with Category-Captain & 1 other PSL Recruitment Group; therefore we kindly ask that “Other/Non PSL recruiters” respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.