EMEA Media Performance Manager
Position: EMEA Media Performance Manager
Based: Haddenham, UK
This position reports to the EMEA Digital Director, the focus of the role is to implement media best practices to local Marketing Directors, Brand Managers across the EMEA region, who are also investing more each year in digital media alongside ATL spend. Support is needed to activate best practices with agency partners, by sharing thought leadership on traditional and non-traditional media planning when developing plans. Entering at an exciting stage of the McCormick “Digital Transformation Plan”, this role will proactively imbed a “Data Driven Marketing” consumer journeys/ buyable audiences to drive engagement from media plans/partnerships. Overtime you will hero “Precision Media Best Practices and ways of working” with local marketing teams in 2019 and scale throughout 2020 to drive ROI and reach from the total EMEA working media budget.
As a Performance Media Manager, you will take full ownership of our EMEA media strategy and operationalise programmatic initiatives, including connected TV/OTT and DOOH. You will be the owner, expert and advocate of programmatic, biddable media, responsible for the whole spectrum of related activities. From designing market-specific strategies, campaign planning, creative briefing to implementation and optimisation, etc. You will work closely with our content specialists to deliver best-in-class creatives fit for our multifaceted objectives. Collaborating with our local marketing teams to rollout omni-channel plans, driving maximum impact (awareness and conversions). As part of a very agile team, you may also be required to cover for paid-search and paid-social channels should the need arise (e.g. holiday cover) and evaluate ecommerce, shopper spend as part of a holistic planning process.
- Provide ongoing expertise & strategic thought leadership in media (TV, Display, Programmatic, Video, Social, Mobile, Digital OOH, etc.), with particular emphasis on media integration and an unbiased and media neutral approach in how they contribute to the broader media mix with regional and local marketing, sector, and brand leaders.
- Give input/work with Agencies to provide input into the planning and budgeting processes for each sector/brand and cluster following media best practice guidelines to set media tolerances/benchmarks
- From a media perspective, steward and contribute actively to the sector and brand’s budgets and planning process and the execution of the Commercial Programs
- Lead regional media negotiations, coordinating with Procurement to exploit every possible synergy for efficiency in both Agency and Media partners
- Design and drive media innovation plans with the Digital Director which are scalable and have high impact and ROI
- Improve digital and media effectiveness and ROI by championing the most strategically planned, integrated and executed Paid/Owned/Earned strategies
- Provide leadership on KPIs and metrics related to negotiations as well as digital/ and media performance and correlation with business results
- Work with Agencies and provide senior management and business units with EMEA marketplace forecasts, trends and perspective on changing/developments in media landscape
- Drive leading tools, techniques, processes and measures across the region and brands
- Socialize and deploy, as regionally/locally relevant, global Digital & Media strategic guidelines and playbooks, tools, best practices and operating plan
- Integrate, shopper and e-commerce work streams into our EMEA media operations and within our program planning work, driving more agnostic channel thinking and less ATL/BTL thinking in channel recommendations
- Monitor and benchmark regional competitor activities and introduce strategies that position McCormick ahead of the competition
- Measure, track and audit digital media effectiveness and efficiency, ensuring processes conform to
- Provide expertise in the evaluation of potential partnerships and alliances
- Collaborate with Global brand teams and country teams in the successful activation of partnerships
- Ensure alignment and, effective / efficient collaboration and knowledge sharing with McCormick’s global brand and marketing stakeholders as it relates to the above areas
Technical & Campaign Optimisation Capabilities:
- Lead the planning, setup and on-going management of programmatic campaigns.
- Manage the budget and P&L for our programmatic account, including ad spend-pacing, with view to in-housing certain disciplines overtime.
- Handle and/or liaise any Ad-Ops, including ad trafficking and tracking.
- Be responsible for campaign analysis, reporting, and communication of KPIs – daily, weekly and monthly.
- Build a test-and-learn approach into standard workflow, from developing hypotheses to testing, analysing, implementing successful results, and iteration.
- Work closely with content team to deliver best-in-class creatives based on industry best practices without compromising brand value and identity.
- Work closely with local marketing teams to deliver holistic campaigns with explicit consideration of all stages of the consumer decision journey.
- Identify any missing links and opportunities within the customer journey and find ways to fill these gaps within POE channel(s) and media plans/partnerships.
- Build a multi-tiered audience strategy, targeting different prospects with the most suitable/ relevant creatives and products.
- Leverage/ activate any audience data signals and drive an audience-centric approach to deliver the best results.
- Liaise and work closely with external vendors and key partners (e.g. DSP partners, account representatives) to ensure optimal performance.
- Contribute to our wider data strategy and make recommendations on data/ad technology investments (e.g. DMP, ad personalisation).
- Act as paid-search and/or paid-social support when necessary.
- Experience in Programmatic, preferably from a high-growth company or agency. Knowledge of the beauty and/or luxury sector is a plus.
- Strong experience in managing Brand and DR campaigns. •
- Demonstrable record in budget management, strategy, campaign and media planning.
- Experience working directly with in-house content/ creative team or content factories
- Experience with leveraging audience signals to improve campaign reach and/or ROAS. • Experience negotiating deals (e.g. PMPs, DSP commercials).
- Strong experience with complementary tools, e.g. DoubleClick and other tracking tools, Google Trends, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a forensic understanding of account performance, and high proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to perform under pressure, tolerance for ambiguity, and readiness to adapt to changing priorities dynamically.
- A flexible self-starter with a can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile to deliver results
- Excellent communication, presentational, and process skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy and ability to prioritize opportunities
- Understanding of how to deliver digital and media performance management via cross-functional team
- Clearly understands Paid/Owned/Earned media dynamics and how to plan, integrate and successfully implement
- Digital acumen beyond digital tactics and how to leverage for marketing in a digital world.
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Influential with peers, associate, internal customers, agencies
- Experience in regional environments, ability to work across various cultures & capability levels, understanding regional trends and media landscape across EMEA region—not just one market
- Agency Management – knows how agencies work (typical issues, way of working, internal working), and will manage effectively
- Progressive Mindset – will push both Agency and brand teams/markets to advance
- Enjoys coaching & feedback
- Collaborative and works well in a project/team environment
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Media Experience & Capabilities:
- Position requires adequate experience of some combination of senior level media/digital/agency.
- Majority of experience should preferably be either digital/ Media client -side or agency-side. Experience on the publisher/vendor side or marketing/communication agencies may be a plus but only as a smaller portion of overall experience.
- Media/Digital/ measurement experience, including and the deployment of econometric modelling in plans, ROI and e -Value Management concepts
- Broad experience in various consumer product categories preferred.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.