Retail Development Representative - 6 Month FTC
Imperial Tobacco UK (ITUK) is one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies in the United Kingdom. Our mission is to create something better for the world’s smokers, whether that’s via a tobacco portfolio that offers consumers comprehensive brand choice or through our best-selling e-vapour brand, blu. ITUK is part of Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic FTSE30 FMCG company, and is a certified Top Employer 2018. For you, that represents an amazing opportunity - this is a place where ambitious, smart and independent people can really make an impact.
Do you want to work for a UK Market Leader as a Sales Representative? Do you want to join one of only a handful of European business who are Top Employer, certified for 2018?
As a Sales Rep at Imperial Tobacco, you will receive a:
- Salary of £37,985
- 24% bonus opportunity
- Company car
- Company iPhone and iPad
- 29 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), with an option to purchase additional holiday
- Generous company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme, gym discounts, recognition schemes etc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Development Representative to join our dedicated salesforce on a 6 month fixed term contract, within the UK Sales Business of Imperial Tobacco. You will be part of a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco and next generation product (NGP) companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the globe. Imperial Tobacco have also recently been certified as a Top UK and European Employer.
Imperial Tobacco is the UK’s number 1 Tobacco business with brands such as L&B, JPS, Player’s, Rizla and GV. We are always looking to expand our portfolio and build new revenue streams for our business. We also focus on E-Vapour and other Next Generation Products (NGP) – securing the long-term future of our business.
As a member of our salesforce you will be joining a multi-award-winning team, having recently been voted as the UKs Most Effective Salesforce by over 20,000 retailers for the 2nd year running. You will ideally be located in Kings Lynn or the surrounding area, have relevant sales experience and want to develop your career further with a company that takes development, engagement, wellbeing and progression seriously.
- Drive business across Key Accounts, Key Accounts Wholesale and Independent Retailers.
- Be at the forefront of our business.
- Build an in-depth understanding of customer needs and shopper dynamics.
- Partner with up to 300 retail Key Account, Independent and Wholesale outlets in your area, establishing excellent relationships within your territory through a range of Key Accounts Operations Team to Independent Retailers and key contacts within wholesaler, having value-adding conversations to sell in new products to meet the customer’s identified needs.
- Drive customer advocacy for our brands through educating retailers in the tobacco and NGP market and industry legislation.
- Achieve sales, market share, distribution, availability and coverage targets within defined area.
- Identify and communicate merchandising opportunities to your customers to help ensure the best possible space allocation and visibility of Imperial brands on shelf.
- Ensure that our trade incentives and activities is put to the best use.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity.
- Identify new business opportunities by having a great understanding of the category and shopper behaviour in-store.
Skills & experience:
Ideally candidates should possess relevant experience in a similar role or be able to demonstrate an aptitude for the role. In addition, candidates should be:
- Able to work independently and driven to achieve targets
- Understanding of wider team goals and how you can impact them
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, managing time and resources effectively.
- Have strong communication and people skills, and the ability to build rapport and relationships quickly.
- Able to use your initiative and to act independently when required.
- Have a strong will to succeed, and you set yourself stretching targets.
- Efficient, accurate and timely in the administration associated with the role.
- An effective team player
What we offer:
This role offers a generous package of £37,985 basic salary plus 24% bonus, company car, competitive pension and 29 days holiday.
Interested applicants should apply with their current CV.