Head of Sales
This is a Senior NAM/ Head of Sales position for an SME Food Brand in London. As far as opportunities go at a senior level in an SME this is topping them all. Yes, there are a number of exciting start-ups and SME FMCG brands in London at the moment but not one of them has what these guys have. If you’re considering your next move and looking for challenge and to be part of something big which would see you take the commercial reins from the founders leading a small sales team… this is it!
Coming on board to head up the sales team in this brand is going to take grit, tenacity and hard work. You’ll be challenged by two industry big hitters and learn a significant amount as your skill set expands across the supply chain. A central London location in a funky office with the brand message all over the place gives you an inspiring place to work and with a bouncing environment in some parts and relaxing in others gives you a fantastic work space.
A lot will be asked of you, the rewards in return though are huge; you’ll be in at the beginning of a brand which is set to turn into one of the Innocent’s or Brew Dogs of this world, developing a new brand in the market and of course, remunerated appropriately in not just salary and the usual bonuses and benefits, but with share options. This role offers real skin in the game! They’ve already made waves across the market over the past few years and have further game changing innovation set to launch next year. This is a critical appointment for this brand and one which needs character and ambition.
So, as Head of Sales, what are you going to be doing?
- Taking the commercial lead in Grocery Retail working with the Founder and Directors to deliver an insightful story to the team, customer and consumer.
- Working across the Top 4 Multiples, convenience and online retailers driving growth and long term partnerships in businesses where there are already significant listings but a great deal more can be achieved.
- Leading a small sales team to support you in delivering the growth agenda and brand message.
- Managing upwards, managing risk and developing a channel and customer strategy building in customer prioritisation, new business development and a long term resource plan.
Who will be successful in this position?
- You will already be working in the FMCG industry and have a track record of commercial delivery within Top 4 Grocery Retail.
- You’ll be looking for more out of life and want to look back on your career seeing some significant achievements, making a mark on an industry which will see your entrepreneurial spirit develop given the meaningful amount of options available.
- You’re ambitious and hungry for it. You are someone who takes an opportunity and runs with it as though it’s your baby, your own business, you’re not happy unless you’re adding value, being the best at what you do representing a brand and innovation leader.
- You will be someone who is highly detailed, organised, you miss nothing, and you make stuff happen.
- You are strong commercially in being able to identify opportunities and managing a P&L top to bottom.
- You’re analytical, highly numerate and you have a sharp mind.
- You’re someone who is proactive in nature, you’re a good negotiator and a natural people person who is confident, can talk to anyone and positive in outlook.
Your skills and knowledge of the Grocery FMCG space is needed to keep up with business growth and allow the board to step away from the day to day. You will be well remunerated in this position which will only offer you further growth and in return these guys need ambition, real character and passion to take this fantastic brand forward.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.