Night Shift Manager
My client is looking for a hands-on individual that can do both office and external works.
Key responsibilities of the Night Shift Manager:
- Management of the night shift
- Ensure all picking targets are met
- Ensure all vehicles leave on time with correct loads
- Organisation of workload to achieve operational targets.
- Improving quality standards throughout the shift
- Health and safety of workforce and site, including fire and first aid responsibilities.
- Maintain effective communication to ensure staff and managers are fully informed of business needs.
- Liaising with Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Liaising with other managers/departments to ensure productivity and report any issues.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in managing staff, preferably in a food environment who has good Health and Safety experience, knowledge of transport, and a knowledge of quality systems such as BRC.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to manage staff effectively.
- Ability to assess situations and make decisive decisions.
- Ability to work to operational targets.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety, preferably within a warehouse/logistics environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.