International Sales Manager - Gin
International Sales Manager
Overall purpose of job:
A premium gin brand who has always had an international focus and today is sold in over 45 markets around the world. The Gin category is at an exciting, dynamic and competitive stage internationally and we are now looking for a European sales Manager to further develop the sales of this brand across a portfolio of primarily European markets.
You will manage the brand image and market position in each individual market through the close management of local import and distribution partners to ensure that future sales are sustainable and profitable, whilst developing long term business growth. An appreciation of what makes the brand ‘unique and relevant’ vs competitor set is a must, coupled with a strong ability to impart passion and enthusiasm both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be pivotal to how the brand is distributed, executed and developed in markets outside of the UK.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the volume and profit growth of the portfolio across pre-defined, existing and new, international markets
- Build close working relationships with importers, distributor and retailers across our existing international markets
- Develop an understanding of the complexities and dynamics of each market and establish the most appropriate approach to develop brand within these parameters
- In conjunction with local partners, develop and implement a relevant market plan and activities to maximise the business opportunity for our brand
- Manage the agreed A&P effectively to ensure maximum value of brand investment to develop our presence in each market, at both trade and consumer level
- Develop the profile of the brand within international markets, through market visits, masterclass’s, training sessions, brand tastings and brand representation at industry events and exhibitions in line with the overall brand direction and strategy
- Seek to develop new market openings and establish routes to markets for identified new business opportunities
- Through the management, relationship development and close working with our international partners, achieve annual volume, profit and growth targets