Category Insight Analyst
Job Type: Category Insight Analyst
Salary: £35,000 – 40,000k
Location: Central London
Sector/Industry: FMCG – Fruit/ Fruit Juices
Are you someone who is passionate about category analysis with FMCG/ Consumer?
Are you looking to progress to a Senior Category Manager within the next 3 years?
Want to join a market leading FMCG Business?
This is an opportunity for a junior or Assistant Category Manager to step in to something new with definite progression opportunities. The company are focussed on health/ fruit juices and market in to wholesalers, on-trade, convenience and retail. The company have a number of exclusive contracts with the biggest names within the on-trade. You will be the representative who will work closely within the sales and marketing team to formulate the up to date and most accurate date to assist in the growth of the business.
- Lead & develop the regular production and communication of market insight & data within the business.
- Ensure brand and the wider group has the right partnerships with external key insight & data providers, managing the relationships and resources effectively for the business.
- Ensure Contracts are in place for all key partners and that the business is aware of the parameters of those contracts.
- Agree and manage the budget, ensuring effective use and tracking of all spend.
- Lead the provision of category, market, and customer and shopper insight to feed into the private label and branded planning processes.
- Train and support the marketing and commercial team to be reasonably self-sufficient in interpreting data along with an ability to extract raw data when necessary (e.g. Nielsen/IRI).
- Provide the business with actionable insights which inform and shape the category vision, objectives and growth targets, ensuring a review process is in place to measure progress and performance.
You will have skills in:
- Highly enthusiastic and resilient individual able to drive insight through the business, working closely with a number of key functions.
- A self-starting, strong team player, able to work collaboratively with the Marketing Team, Sales & NPD to ensure that the brand and the wider group has the insight required to create and execute well informed category development plans.
- Strong influencing skills with evidence of managing key stakeholders and senior management effectively – internally and externally with customers.
- Self-assured presentation and communications skills (written and verbal), able to deliver key messages in a clear, concise and creative way.
- Sound project management skills – experience of managing multiple projects and capable of pushing through change and improvements where required.
- Accurate budget management skills.
- Highly experienced in effectively managing data supply businesses such as IRI & Nielsen, ensuring maximum output and building strong relationships.
- Naturally curious, with a desire to really understand market, shopper and customer dynamics and be able to clearly articulate those internally and externally.
- Experienced in FMCG insight creation and provision – food or drink preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience gained within commercial and customer/shopper led marketing teams with a good insight into and knowledge of what is required to deliver maximum impact with insight through a diverse customer base.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.