Business Development Manager - Impulse & Convenience
High profile key customer focused role for the total convenience and impulse account team.
This role will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of it becoming a permanent position.
My client are a global FMCG business with market leading brands who are seeing significant growth in a challenging market environment within the UK. A primary growth opportunity is within the impulse channel, hence the reason for increasing resources in this area.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To drive new business relationships, listings, distribution and opportunities to contribute to delivery of profitable growth for the Convenience and Impulse channel
- To explore and prioritise regional opportunities across distributors, wholesalers, RDCs, and end users of these RTM across multiple channels from forecourts and independents to QSR, HORECA and coffee shops
- To further support the delivery of the overall accounts with excellence in execution of retail plans, forecasting support, performance analysis and administrative perfection.
- Key part of the Convenience and Impulse's Account Team (Controller, SNAM, NAM) and working with the field team, the new business team and the impulse team to ensure that we maximise push and pull strategies with customers to create opportunities
- Prioritising accounts and opportunities
- Deliver promotion insights to ensure we maximise our investment within Convenience and Impulse
- Inputting into our ongoing Convenience and Impulse strategy, developing the understanding of in store capabilities through competitor activities and in store developments
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills, both with internal and external people
- Clear communicator, ability to communicate ideas, influence & challenge
- Proactive and strong drive for results
- Able to adopt a flexible approach, adapt to changing priorities and innovative thinking
- Commercial acumen
Attractive base salary £35,000 - £40,000
Bonus of up to 10% upon achieving targets
Company car + fuel expended
12 month FTC, to then become permanent