National Account Controller (Grocery)
Looking for a National Account Controller opportunity or Business Unit Head with a difference? You won’t be disappointed with this opportunity and the ability to continue to grow your career.
- Are you already operating at a senior level and perhaps feel any further growth is stifled?
- Do you crave more responsibility and ambition to realise full potential?
If you’ve answered yes to either of those questions this may intrigue you and I’d encourage you to read more!
This National Account Controller appointment is rare in the North and offers a home based contract. The position will also offer you an FMCG business which is large enough to enable further personal growth (an ambition they’re actively seeking out) and versatile enough to allow you to make your mark with a fair amount of pace. These guys don’t mess around.
This Branded FMCG business in Yorkshire are offering growth and flexibility and looking for someone who has the passion and desire to continue to push forward, never settling for second best and never settling for anything other than quality and true connection with brand values. This business has a fantastic history and want to continue their story as they innovate and demand more for their customer and consumer.
Working here will see you uphold the highest of standards and work with a senior leadership team who have high expectations. This is a business where you will feel supported, actively encouraged to develop yourself, your team and your customer base and in return, you need to raise the bar. I can’t talk highly enough about the culture and environment they’ve created; it will challenge you, inspire you ask more from you than some FMCG brands, and will leave you feeling valued.
An overview of the role:
- Define and implement effective and growth focused, JBPs (including trading terms) optimising performance across Top 4 Grocery Retail.
- To manage key customer relationships across Grocery Retail, identifying and working with key influencers, to win hearts and minds to meet commercial requirements of top-line profitable volume growth.
- Lead and coach the sales team, to produce and implement strategic category plans.
- Lead and develop a team who will follow in your footsteps to drive growth.
- Ensure robust and challenging KPIs are effectively implemented to create the mind-set and behaviours of growth and self-development across the team.
- Work alongside Sales Director to help deliver strategic plans identifying key growth opportunities and develop a plan to win.
- Ensure accuracy of forecasting to agreed target levels and work closely with operations and customer service teams to deliver great customer service levels.
- Input into the development of the commercial capability of the business ensuring sales processes which improve effectiveness and the profitability of the business are created and implemented.
- Work in partnership with Finance to ensure key commercial metrics are in line with objectives and profitable top line growth.
The successful candidate will hold the following knowledge/ experience/ behavioural traits:
- Wide knowledge of the FMCG marketplace and have a strong understanding and working knowledge of Top 4 Grocery Retail.
- Team leadership experience with proven success of developing people and delivering through a team.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, you will be excellent with numbers and highly capable in analysis, top to bottom P&L management and setting budget.
- Proven in delivering strong sales figures, capable of developing relationships to create long lasting partnerships.
- Understanding of the wider supply chain including demand planning, marketing and category management.
- People orientated, you’re a natural influencer and networker who creates compelling presentations able to communicate at all levels of business.
- You’re driven, conscientious, detailed in your approach and above all else, a team player.
- Ambitious to continue to grow your career, you will want to take on a Sales Director role in the next few years!
This is an opportunity which offers a great deal. If you’re looking for a senior level position which offers further career development, this may just be it!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.