Product Marketing Manager - FMCG-Food
With a passion for great quality ingredients and selling into the Natural Snacking, Wholefood and Home-Baking sectors, RM Curtis is entering the next phase of its ambitious growth plans. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to work across our branded and private label business.
Reporting to the Marketing Controller and working across all channels (retail, foodservice & industrial), the Product Marketing Manager will help develop and execute the marketing plans and strategy for the current ranges as well as helping to drive new initiatives forward.
Ideally educated to degree level, preferably within marketing you will have at least 3 years marketing experience and looking to take the next step in your career. Working on the Snacking Essentials, Funtime fruits and Curtis brands along with private label initiatives, you will ideally have previous marketing experience within the food industry & have a strong interest in food.
Working across trade and consumer marketing, you’ll be responsible for a portfolio of products and be comfortable with taking on a broad range of responsibilities from product management, brand communications across press, digital, PR along with category research and analysis.
Working in a small marketing team, it’s a fantastic time to join us. You’ll play an important role in helping RM Curtis realise its ambitions within the sectors we operate in which are on trend. You’ll work very closely with the NPD and Sales teams along with other key departments within the business to drive forward and support innovation projects.
Key duties include:
- Review and regular reporting of product performance
- Conduct regular product category reviews; analysing invoiced sales figures, market data and EPOS data to understand performance and to highlight market opportunities & inform the planning process.
- Work closely with Marketing and NPD to develop an innovation pipeline.
- Create, develop and deliver marketing activity to support new branded launches and existing branded ranges, such as online, in print and instore via external creative agencies.
- Support local Sales Team with marketing presentations highlighting product features and benefits along with market analysis.
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to plan and run brand support activity including trade and consumer press and social media engagement; including relevant social platforms and influencer link-ups such as bloggers & vloggers.
- Working with agencies to produce packaging design, press adverts and other marketing & sales support collateral.
- Day-to-day coordination of marketing budget & spend
- Support of the sales team on branded and own label business, including preparation of sell-in presentations, category analysis summaries and meeting attendance where relevant
- Coordination of the company websites and management of the social media plan with regular content updates
- Regular store audits to review market developments and feed into brand planning
- Develop an expert knowledge of product ranges.
The role is based at the company’s headquarters in Halstead, Essex.
You will have experience of managing all key elements of the marketing mix, with well-developed planning, project management and multi-tasking skills, combined with a “can do” attitude and the tenacity to work in a lively, busy environment. You will be commercially aware with good numeracy skills and able to interpret and analyse sales and market data.
This is a great chance to take on a role with real autonomy and scope to make a real difference, helping devise and implement the marketing plans and alongside the Marketing Controller ensuring the marketing function contributes strongly to the success of RM Curtis.
If you feel this opportunity is of interest please apply with your CV
Salary Range: Competitive (Dependent on experience)
PLEASE - NO AGENCIES
About RM Curtis & Co Ltd
We are a rapidly expanding food company focused on delivering the highest quality of products and service to our growing customer base. Specialists in dried fruits, nuts and seeds we have experienced significant growth in the past decade, supplying key customers in the retail, wholesale and manufacturing sectors of the UK food industry.