Key Account Director - Kingfisher
My client is a blue-chip market leading branded products manufacturer who across four separate business areas. Including Consumer Goods and specifically Power Tools and accessories. They pride themselves on their innovation and high-quality products.
Due to a re-structure, the business is recruiting a Key Account Director for their Kingfisher account across both UK & Europe. You will have full P&L responsibility for the Kingfisher account including B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot & Koctas. You will have one direct report in the UK and 5 indirect reports across Europe.
This role is office based in the South East so please do not apply if you are not based in the South East. This role would suit a Senior National Account Manager or National Account Manager who has managed the Kingfisher account for longer than 5 years who is now ready to take the next step in their career.
- Overall responsibility (profit & loss) for the professional business in Europe with the strategically relevant customer Kingfisher
- International coordination of marketing and sales activities, optimization of logistical processes, and control of finances, as well as maintaining contacts with managers and opinion leaders of the key account
- Target-oriented leadership and entrepreneurial responsibility for sales, costs, margins and potential exploitation
- Developing and tracking the short, medium and long term customer strategy and customer marketing plan
- Conducting annual terms and conditions negotiations
- Operational support of the key account and thus the continuous optimization of the e-commerce processes (EDI, Supply Chain), as well as the detailed analysis of the numbers and data
- Participate in international e-commerce projects and reporting to senior international sales management
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 to 10 years of solid experience in a comparable key account position
- Experience in managing a key account team with Key Account and Marketing Managers
- Proven successful record in the consumer goods business (FMCG), ideally DIY Hardware products. Have been responsible for key accounts, for demanding e-commerce customers, or for purchasing a complete product group within a large online retailer
- Understanding and dominating of e-commerce in all it’s processes and procedures
- Analytics and affinity with interpreting numbers characterize your personality as well as your assertiveness, your positive charisma, your ability to work in a team and commitment
- You have experience working in an international environment