About the Company:
A market leader within the paper tableware industry manufacturing a quality tableware offer for the catering and retail sectors.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage the purchasing of Bought-In Goods for stock in line with requirements based upon forecasts, customer demand and optimum stock holding. In this varied role, you will also be responsible for the purchase of transport and energy services across the group as well as regular facilities purchasing.
- Responsibility for the sourcing of bought-in products as required by the sales team which is driven by the customer, and by analysing marketable products to bring into the portfolio.
- Responsible for the purchase of transport and energy services across the group as well as regular facilities purchasing.
- Negotiating all aspects of the purchase of products and services including pricing, volumes, delivery deadlines (in line with company requirements), customer/sales needs and ensuring that optimum stock holding targets are achieved.
- Maintaining accurate specifications of current products and ensuring that any new product lines are ready for issue prior to launch.
- Creating and maintaining supplier files, price lists and recording and analysing of delivery records and supplier performance including reviewing KPIs (sales/discounts etc). Regular and routine report production/issuing as required.
- Ensuring all existing and new suppliers are compliant with all auditable requirements in matters related to BRC and quality, with responsibility for managing successful resolution of quality, service and pricing queries.
- Maintaining supplier relationships through clear and timely communications whilst developing new supplier contacts and applying the same to internal customers across the group including, sales, manufacturing, warehousing, finance and costing departments.
- Managing plans for stock levels.
- Responsibility for ensuring effective planning and forecasting of deliveries in liaison with other internal departments within the company (which will assist in the forecasting of requirements) such as sales and with the warehouse for deliveries.
- Ensuring that all orders are input by the department, taking a hands-on role in this area and expediting of orders where necessary whilst keeping all relevant customers internal and external updated regularly.
- Presenting new ranges to senior managers.
- UK or international travel to meet suppliers or attend trade fairs.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Good oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Confident and assertive communication style.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of market trends.
- Ability to meet demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Excellent business, planning and organisational skills.
- Experience in dealing with overseas suppliers.
- Proven track record in purchasing of goods as opposed to purchasing services.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.