National Account Manager - Public & Leisure - Vending - Home Based
National Account Manager - Public & Leisure - Vending - FMCG - Home Based
About the role:
As an integral part of the direct sales team the National Account Manager will lead the long-term growth strategy for the Vending sector. The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a new business prospect funnel along with winning new business tenders to contribute towards the professional annual operating plan targets. The National Account Manager will work as part of a cross functional selling team with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Demand Planning and Finance in order to deliver our growth agenda.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Prospect new business in a structured manner; compile and manage a new business pipeline, demonstrating knowledge of the segment and long term opportunities
- Quickly identify a wide range of target prospects to convert into the ‘perfect fit’ proposition.
Annual Operating Plan
- Agree first year AOP target: NOS and GM in line with UK Professional plan and strategy.
- Develop mitigating strategies to manage potential risk to plan achievement.
- Agree longer term plan/ road map to achieving the 5-year growth strategy.
- Identify and support the development of the correct ‘perfect fit’ segment proposition.
- Work closely with marketing, finance and operations functions to fine tune the right go to market strategy, building a proposition that wins in this segment with full service proposals and ingredient supply.
- Monitor forecasts, rebates, pricing and marketing budget for the customers in order to achieve GP targets.
- Plan approach to customer negotiations to optimise volume & value where appropriate in line with defined terms, business potential and timing and decide on local customer negotiation approach.
- Utilising both customer and channel knowledge to lead negotiations anticipating potential challenges and building affective strategies to overcome them.
- Define and justify Marketing spend with business case per customer, delegate and monitor spend in line with agreed plan.
- Sales experience within the Vending environment is essential
- Demonstrate NOS, GM and EBIT growth achievement
- Strong track record of prospecting, negotiating and winning new business
- Structured approach to qualifying/ quantifying new business leads and pipeline/ database management
- Excellent Leadership skills, Communications skills & People management skills
- Good working knowledge of Coffee category in the Out Of Home market.
- Commercially astute with P&L understanding and ability to leverage OOH metrics
- Ability and confidence to negotiate at all levels and build networks
- Excellent planning, org, communication, analytical and problem solving
If you're interested in finding out more, then please apply direct or send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note that not all applicants will be successful.