Head of Marketing- FMCG Branded Business
Our Client is a Leading Branded European Food Group within the FMCG arena, operating across several product categories they have an unquestionable appetite for success. Their 5 year plan is simple and yet immeasurably challenging, to transform the very way in which their Categories are “defined” and “shopped” by the retailer and consumer alike. The 2-3 year strategic goal is to succeed in the “elusive tightrope” of driving both Quantity & Value within their core offering, that will see their market growth increase considerably. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both Product & Brand Development, alongside Leading Edge Commercial/Category solutions. As part of this a major “key” differentiator is their Marketing Leadership Team; and this is where you could make the difference.
As Head of Marketing you will be tasked with managing & growing an exciting Business Unit which has been identified as High-Growth with the Group. Working cross functionally both internally and externally you will drive a strong growth agenda within your business unit that will play a significant part in maximising EBIT performance of the UK business as whole. In order to achieve you will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally and externally to the business. Your short-term goals will be 2 years out, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date. Working at close quarters with the UK Managing Director and Group Sales & Marketing Director your plans will form the “Strategic/Product Brand Compass” for the business to set its course. Within this, the Core Elements will be:
- Develop and lead the vision for the UK Branded Business; secure key stakeholder buy-in, including The Group Executive, employees and board.
- Lead and develop a Divisional Marketing Team to deliver first class marketing excecution
- As a Senior Team member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business.
- Provide a Vision for several Leading Brands.
- Refine and implement the overall marketing strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Group expectations are to achieve c15% YOY Growth over the next 3-4 Years.
- Define the growth categories and consumer need states and energise the origination and delivery of innovation which maximise growth opportunities.
- Lead and coach a 1st class marketing team, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach and establishing a high-performance culture.
This role will be your building block to a 1-2 step career development curve with the business, which will ultimately see you reaching a Bigger Marketing/Board Level Role.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong FMCG Branded Marketing experinece at either Marketing Manager or Head of Level in a Leading Branded FMCG Player (Of course they may have had exposure to Own Label as well). However the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a "Senior Brand Manager Level", but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. Very strong Marketing Communincations Experience (across the full mix) at both Strategic & Execution level is also a must.